My pond was getting pretty low so Wednesday I turned on our pump to fill the pond with groundwater. In an effort to stop loading the pond with nutrients I have been running the water through polypipe the last couple months. But the polypipe can't keep up with the well so I also flooded two rows of pecans to get the water down to the pond at the end of the rows.

Thursday morning I turned the pump off and the pond was very full. I would say the pond went from 60 to 100% full by volume. The water has that tea colored look that happens when I flood the rows. I noticed fish at the top of the water that apppeared to be gulping for air. I also noticed CC in the shallows that I haven't seen in a year and crawdads were climbing on top of the fa to get out of the water. My first thought was I poisoned them with whatever turns the water tea colored from the pecans, I forget the name. My second thought was I cooled the pond too quickly by adding that much 65-70 degree water to a 80 degree pond.

This morning I have dead fish. It almost looks like they jumped out onto the bank but the racoons and birds could have done that last night, some are half eaten. CC, RES, BG, and LMB are dead. Right now there are probable 30 dead fish on the edges and thousands of BG are on top gulping for air.

I do not have a normal aerator but I do have one for my totes. Should I put that in? I hope I don't lose all my fish.