Wow! You weren't kidding when you said you had a sunfish hybrid mix of a pond! When dealing with hybrid sunfish, its really hard to have completely accurate ID's without looking at the gill rakers, but I'll give it my best.

Originally Posted By: Black Bass

I am guessing a BGxBGxGSF as in a sunfish that is 3/4 BG, 1/4 GSF. Although it maybe a rare female BGxGSF hybrid.

It maybe a RESxGSF as you said, but I am thinking it is more likely just a BGXGSF. The red or orange on the opercle is often times seen in a pure GSF and may just be particularly strong in this fish.

Looks like a pure BG to me.

Like the first pic, I am guessing a BGxBGxGSF as in a sunfish that is 3/4 BG, 1/4 GSF. Although it maybe a rare female BGxGSF hybrid but since their are two of them now, more likely the BGxBGxGSF theory...

I am still a bit baffled as to why the bass growth was so slow. Granted there is a substantial amount of hybrids in your pond but you mentioned seeing numerous YOY sunfish last year and there does seem to be some pure BG in your pond. I think a seine survey may help break down the percentages of each hybrid and pure bred. Also, what is your end goal? Large trophy bass, balanced fishery or trophy sunfish?