Update 6-17-07:

Pond is looking good, very little FA.
Secchi disk readings are dropping. A month ago I was reading 3.5-4', yesterday the readings were down to 2.5 feet. Water is a dark tea brown.

Noticed one pair of BG nesting. Last week there was a mass of young swimming near shore but not sure if they were FH minnows or BG. BG do not appear interested in pellets but the shiners sure do like them. Caught three BG on grubs the other day. All looked healthy, measuring 7.5".

Added another half dozen bass (6-7") from the big pond. I'm seeing some BG from last years spawn, about 2" in size. Sitting by the pond in the later afternoon, you see numerous ripples in the water near shore. Bass chowing down. My dad caught two bass the other day. Both 11" and looking quite healthy. Walking the shore at night with a flashlight, I'm still seeing crayfish.

With summer approaching, I'm going to add another 2-3" to the dam height once the water level drops a bit. Still have outflow in the pond but its slowing down.

The burreed is growing, expanding its range and healthy looking. The ducks and geese have left and so far, no sign of anymore rats.