Who is JDL?

I'm sure you are right about the Scott's releasing too fast. They'd have you fertilize every month if they could. It is just a name I am familiar with. What you you recommend for slow release?

Let's see, if I apply Barricade in April that will last me until November, correct? I think that would allow for sprouting of blugrass and cool season weeds. A September application would last until April and then allow the crabgrass to come out. Weeds might pop up too, but soon after April the heat will kill them out.

This year I want to avoid applying a pre-emergent in April because we will be seeding in many areas.

The weed and feed is to help with the weeding. There are actually 3 lakes and 2 dams in the neighborhood with 40,000 square feet of area to look after. Our new home owners association is hopefully going to get a service to take care of the fertilizer and weeding.

By the way, the growing season for bermuda and bahia grass here starts in May and the grass will stay green as late as November.

I'll lurk around lawnsite. Thanks for the warning