Brettski, SOX is an acronym for Sarbanes Oxley. It is new federal legislation that could be called Enron. Disclaimer: I do not have a 100% knowledege and may be partially inaccurate on my following statements. It was enacted due to loss of credibility regarding publicly traded companies financial reports and puts responsibility on Chief Executive Officers, Chief Financial Officers and Chief Information Officers. SOX law necessitates that CEO's and CFO's attest to the validity of reported financial statements. They and CIO's face possible jail time if the Annual Report to shareholders isn't accurate. Their signature now indicates that they know what they are talking about, signing, and the penalties involved. When it was enacted, a boat load of publicly traded companies reported that they needed to "restate" prior years earnings. In other words, I take that to mean that they were fraudulent and deceptive. It also necessitates a lot of security on how those records are generated and checked. They are now checked and signed off at each stage of the Accounting process by responsible people. As one Chief Information Officer told me, "This is the stuff we should have been doing for years but didn't".

Regarding the sandbox, computer rooms are, in most cases, no longer wide open. When I was a Programmer, I used to wander in and out at will, help out and often get in the way. They are, in most cases, now closed to anyone but the actual Computer Operators and those who absolutely must be there. This involves both security and efficiency. The sandbox: Everyone knows what a cat like Theo can do in and to a sandbox.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP