Guys this is totally contradictory to my experience and education. I have always been total they live no more than 10 years. Well we proofed that wrong back in 2003 with some that had to be 18 years old, but total major exception to the rule. 100 years is just insane. Maybe it is due to being triploid as required in GA maybe it is due to warmer climate thus not living as long. I have literally stocked 100’s of ponds with grass carp. The natural mortality is very high, within 3-5 years the number is always half of what was stocked. We make sure to use 10-12 inch but sure of them may be expensive bass food btu this does not explain this low of a number.

Mr. sandman yes that is a very high number but doubt you know have any were near that number in the pond. In the summer months you can pretty much catch them sunning and count all you got. Most clients majorly over estimate they assume they are only seeing a small % like with other fish but not the case. When draining lakes they are amazed at how few they have compared to what they thought. Also our experience shows the metabolism slows after a couple of years. I think with some bow efforts and yes I bought my bow fishing arrows for $18 you can reduce population so as to get a return of submersed grasses. I agree with you theory on phytoplankton bloom die to lack of nutrient absorption by macrophytes.

Greg Grimes
www.lakework.com