Hi, everyone,
I just moved to Texas from Ca. and we now live on a man made lake and have the pleasure of having a dock. I have been having trouble catching bass by our house and have only had luck(very good luck actually) on the other side of the lake. It is stocked with LMB, BG, a few turtles, and Trout in the summer. The lake is 6' deep consistently except for the slope from the abutment which is goes form 10" to 6' quite quickly. I have surveyed the lake trying to find depth change, cover etc. but it is very flat. When we first saw the property, the lake had plant life,but they shock it so I hear.
Here is the improvements that I have done so far,
I sunk four christmas trees cut to 3 and 1/2'tall six feet apart 12'to the left and right of the dock. I also sunk to tree limbs closer in on either side. In the middle, i sunk a verticle car tire. By the way thanks to those who have shown pictures of their home made structure. I live in a HOA ruled area and it is important that I keep everything well below the water line.
What I want to do:
I want to attract more bait fish to my dock so the larger predators will hang around. Is there any suggestions?

I am thinking of dredging a little silt from under the dock and creating a small break under water near the structure. Then adding additional skirt to the dock to provide more shade and protection, maybe lattice?

I have also heard of using green lights, has anyone heard of this attracting small fish at night? the Hoa probably wont let me put the light in the water, but shining from top.

Thanks to those who take the time to read and answer