I agree that multiple small feedings a day are better than two or three large ones. So assuming you could have one of two options which would give what result? Also assume feeder are working properly with less than average maintainence. Both in a larger pond, with bass as the predator.

1: 1 feeder feeding a total of say 5lbs of feed a day spread over many feeding times 6+?

2: 3 feeders feeding a total of 5lbs spread on say 2-3 feeding per feeder. Feeders all go off at the same time.

I would think that the pond with one feeder would produce more trophy size BG/CNBG becuase the largest males and females will "guard" the feeder.

I think that in option 2 would result in a pond heavy with many 6-8inch BG, but fewer trophy size 10in+.

On the other hand I could see option 2 making a pond with LOTS of trophy BG becuase in a big pond they many not travel to the next feeder.

I know both will improve fish quality. And when only feeding 5lbs a day I assume they would have the same effects on water quality.

Another question...in the pond with multiple feeders would you stagger the feeding times? Feeder 1 goes off at 10:00am Feeder 2 goes off at 10:10am, and Feeder 3 goes off 10:20am. I think this would not make a difference because the fish do not travel from one feeder to the next?

Also would one be better for trophy BG or trophy bass?

I know George has looked at this issue as well, and Im not going to argue with the CNBG pics he posts . Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks Jake.

Get out and fish.