I think it's amazing that your GG's have almost doubled in size since December. I wonder if that's just you mild climate or if it's the GG's high growth rate. How does the growth compare to regular BG in your ponds? I will try to get some pictures of my HBG. Based upon my untrained eye my HBG only look like your GG with respect to the bright edges on the fins, the blue bars under the eyes, and the long ear flap. Other than that they are colored very different. There color varies from top to bottom with black on the top changing to some mottling with the same irridescent blue that is under the eyes, with bright orange on the belly. Of course the color differnce could be just the water/feed. The other thing I noticed is that mine basically looked the same in terms of color and body proportions from the time I first looked at one closely at 3 inches long to 10 inches long. Of course during the spawn the mature males do get the bulging forehead but other than that they look the same throughout their life so far. Your young ones look to have a more slender shape and large eye in proportion to body size as compared to the larger ones. I'll email you some pictures.

Gotta get back to fishin!