I have four kids myself, and my sisters two kids make six total....seven kids all together counting myself..LOL. I suppose that we are looking for an all around fishing hole. The pond has been around for 60 years, but was totally reworked about 18 months ago. I will try to get some pictures posted of the pond in various states of construction. Right now no stocking of any type has been done. My Dad and I looked at 1.5-2 inch fish today along with 3-4 inch fish. The smaller fish ran .30 cents, while the larger ran .75 cents. The tanks we looked at had redear and blue gill mixed. I just want to make sure that I am getting a quality fish....not some crossed up inbred crap. I have decided that we do not want to go the route of F1 hybrid bream. My father owns the pond. It sits right behind his house. It has a covered dock that sits on a penisular jutting out into the pond. He plans on building the kids a fire pit to roast wieners and marshmellows on, and the penisular is big enough to campout on. He even has them a sand beach with a water fountain. We have a punched well that will produce about 75 gallons per minute of water. Even though the pond has a great watershed, he plans on using this to keep the water level constant. I think he was trying to biuld HIS boyhood dream pond when the old pond was reworked. Even though my Dad is tight with money, he ultimately will not skimp on the fish. He has charged me with the research. Sorry to be so long winded...just trying to give some background. Although my heart truely lies with offshore saltwater fishing, I love catching big BG and big LMB. Especially when my kids are enjoying it with me.