Bski, here's our basement woodstove. I would characterize it as a different style than JHAP's, whose stove approaches showroom attractivity. Note the squirrel cage blower on the back forcing air through the heatilator pipes coming out on the front.

For the record, it is a Warnock-Hersey Model 24-FC-24-AC. We bought it in 1999, so I suppose it's doubtful that same model is still made. The interior flue is double-walled metal-bestos and, like JHAP's exterior flue, gets warm but not too hot to touch (usually).

If you see the little round dial sitting on the lower level top surface, that's a woodstove thermometer. I have found it useful for knowing when the stove temp is not too cold (supposedly this enables creosote production) or too hot (this is when the flue gets too hot too touch).

The stove itself requires a 30" clearance from any walls. In accordance with fire/insurance code, the metal flue clears the floor trusses above it by a minimum of 18" (you can see where the idiot that built the house screwed that up and the flue had to be moved down a few inches).

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]