Originally Posted By: Ryan Freeze
I understand your reasoning for the arrangement now.

Consider moving the stairs from the center of the structure to an end. It will allow more flexibility with the downstairs for future uses. It would increase useable floorspace upstairs if placed adjacent to the upstairs bath. This would block the walk door below but under the stairs would make good closet space for the downstairs bedroom and another exterior walk door could be placed at the bottom of the stairs.

Thanks for the input, Ryan.
You are running into the same issues I confronted during the first 3 designs that I tried and abandoned. The trajectory and space that the stairs take up completely alter the usable space on the first level. In the case you present, we lose an entire parking bay. If we move the bays over, we lose a substantial portion of the bedroom living space. It's like chasing your tail. It becomes the lesser of all the evils, which appeared to be the design I presented.
I truly appreciate the oversight you guys are providing. I am really hoping for the classic "can't see the forest for the trees" thing to occur.