Mike, I hope you don't mind a non expert responding. I'm sure you are dealing with a professional who knows more about this than I do. This is just my opinion.

I would prefer some redears. Although BG have been reported as sucking small snails out of their shells, RES can handle larger ones.

Another disclaimer is that I'm a traditionalist. I prefer to stock predators after the forage has had a chance to populate. I see no problem with your BG and CNBG numbers if you hold off on predator stocking and if they are already of spawning size. No matter what else you stock, these guys are the backbone of the future forage base. You are only stocking about 10% (85 per acre) of the recommended number and making up for it with other prey. That comes out to about 85 BG per football field instead of 1,000. Predation and natural causes will take a toll on them. The 5 lbs per acre fatheads will take some pressure off the BG as they do in all newly stocked bodies of water. The TFS are open water fish and not likely to be preyed on much by newly stocked predators. I don't know enough about shiners to comment.I understand that they rob the nests of the other fish. You're going to need a lot of successful nesting.

Size of the stocked bass can make a difference. If they are fingerlings, you can expect to lose some; but that is to be expected. If they aren't fingerlings, they will be eating machines preying on your forage.

I would PERSONALLY go with the "tried and true" that has often cussed and discussed here and do it in stages.

If it were mine, and it's not, I would stock the recommended 1,000 or so BG/CNBG/RES per acre along with fatheads. With those numbers, I would probably stock the shiners.

I would then stock the TFS and bass at a later date, but after appropriate spawning of other forage. I really like the idea of TFS but don't think they will be utilized for awhile. I might even give it some time before I stocked the shiners but before I stocked the bass.

As a traditionalist, I like the idea of a newly stocked bass being able to go to sleep with its mouth open and wake up with a full belly.

As I said earlier; just my opinion.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP