For this one I was standing behind the breach in the 2nd dam looking back upstream (west) through the holes in both dams.

This pano is an east to west series taken from the north-east end of the 2nd dam.

This one is a slightly jumbled pano looking down below the 2nd dam from the same spot the above pano was taken. The arc created by swiveling the downward pointing camera around the tripod made stitching the shots together rather interesting.

Here is a shot of the overflow pipes sticking out the back side of the second dam. For some reason the pipes angle away from the pond back towards the south-west.

This series of shots was taken from a point uphill to the north of the overflow pond. It spans from the 2nd dam to the primary dam. and gives a nice view of the valley where the pond was built.

This is the only overflow pipe through the primary dam.

And these last four pics are just some close-up soil examples:

Soil Example 1. This is a close-up of the red clay area that can be seen to the left of the overflow pipe in the above picture. This is fairly representative of the soil in the area between the 2 dams.

Soil Example 2 This is just a random square of ground in the area that used to be the bottom of the overflow pond.

This shot and this one are what the ground looks like in the are that was the bottom of the main pond.

I missed this pano of the overflow pond area in my previous post. This is was taken standing behind the south end of the main dam and panning towards the 2nd dam.

I know it's a lot of pics, but I figured the more visual info I give you the better advice I'd get. My current plan is to eliminate the 2nd dam altogether and re-grade the land so that it slopes more gently from the base of the main dam to the fence line. I've got to shape in a path for the creek so that it meets back up with it's natural streambed at the fenceline roughly where the breach in teh 2nd dam is. I plan on building the primary dam back slightly shorter and wider than it currently is. Not sure what I'm going to do about primary spillway yet. May end up putting a culvert or two in the end of the dam where the breach occurred. I plan on flattening out the slope at the north end of the primary dam into an emergency spillway that will gently wrap around the north end of the dam then down and away from the primary dam's back side.

Now, if there's anybody left not suffering from information overload, I'd like to hear your thoughts, opinions, recommendations, etc. on the plan. If you have any thoughts on the old well and what would be the best way to fill it in I'd like to hear that as well.