Originally Posted By: Midwest Dave
On a similar note, what do you guys think of this Hackberry at the base of my new dam? Do you think its going to be a problem, or ok since its on the edge?

I don't know the species of the trees on the back of my dam, but there's probably half a dozen different types that are similar to yours in the picture. My thought was that I could leave it there and hope for the best, or take it out now and never know if it would have made it or not. I thought they had a chance because one side of the tree wasn't desturbed and they were all medium sized trees. The older trees die real easy, but the smaller the tree, the more you can do to it and it will live.

The ones that have died on my are on the other side of the pond and were I didn't dig or dam up anything. I think the ground is too wet for them now, and that's caused them to die. I don't know, but it's been disapointing to see them go.

You can always dig it out just as easy next year as you can this year. Let it live and see what happens.

Eddie

Lake Marabou http://www.pondboss.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=139488&fpart=1

It's not how many ideas you have, but how many you make happen.

3/4 and 4 acre ponds.