Scott,

More great pictures!!! You guys are really creating a fun place!!!! Is this going to be your home or a weekend getaway?

That ceiling is sure going to be painful to stain and seal!! One thing that I learned with ceilings is to work your way across the boards. If you do as much as you can in an area, there will be an overlap line when you move down the boards. For really big jobs, I like to spray on the stain with a hand pump bottle, and wipe it off with a rag. The trick is to keep moving and not let it dry before you move on down the board. Speed is king!!

The fireplace looks really good. I was wondering about the fire brick. Do you have to use a special type of morter for the brick? I'm lookng forward to seeing how you finish off the outside of the fireplace. With so many choices of rock and rock vineer, it's amazing what's availble.

Any special plans for the mantels? I can see a large log, either squared or left round on the front and bottom, but with some fishing or wildlife carved into it. I love to carve wood, so for me, that's always something special that I enjoy and look for in custom wood work.

Thanks for the pics and update,
Eddie

Lake Marabou http://www.pondboss.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=139488&fpart=1

It's not how many ideas you have, but how many you make happen.

3/4 and 4 acre ponds.