Kent, welcome to Pond Boss. We're glad you found us. Since you have already spoken to Bob it sounds like you are off to a great start.

Profiles:
Ah the subject of profiles. I can honestly say that it bugs me when people don't fill out their profiles. When a new forum member comes on board I frequently look at their profile just to get an idea as to what area of the country they are in, what they do for a living, are they a cat person or a dog person, what they had for breakfast.

When the profile is empty I get suspicious... maybe they don't have a pond, maybe they've never even been to a pond. Perhaps they are a predator, a Pondifile - - lurking and trying to trap an unsuspecting pond meister in to an unsavory pond rendezvous. Sure they may wisper sweet things about water and fish but in reality they might be crazy eyed guy sitting in a run down hotel room in the middle of New York (the crazy city, not the beautiful countryside) surrounded by concrete, tapping away on a dingy laptop, looking at photos of ponds and lusting after them.

Don't be a Pondifile. Fill in your profile. Do it now.

Oh and sorry I didn't mean to "muck" up this thread. Go ahead discuss muck to your heart's content.

Last edited by jeffhasapond; 10/30/08 09:56 AM. Reason: to differentiate between the city of New York versus the rest of New York.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)