Originally Posted By: archer
My Chara floats up to the top when it starts to die off. I had about 30% surface coverage of a 3/4 acre pond just before Hurricane Ike. With the high winds/waves I have no more surface Chara...its all up on the banks.

Mine is also very thick even in 7 ft water. It seems to keep the water very clear and I get 4+ ft visibility. I am getting some Triploid GC from Overton in early Oct.

I have not tried any chemical control this year. I use well water or falling rain to keep pond level up...I get no runoff due to banks 2 ft higher than surrounding land.

Is it really "floating" or does it just expose itself when the water goes down? There's a difference.

Hey I'm keeping an open mind on this and please don't be offended. I just can't see the Chara I have floating. Getting thick enough to reach the surface yes and being exposed when the water goes down yes again. However the Chara I have would never "float to the top." I wish it would as it would be easier to remove.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 09/23/08 05:43 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.