Ric,

I'll have to see what the SCS guy says...the drainage ravine goes past my neighbors house but it's about 200ft laterally and about 10-15' higher in elevation than the bottom of the draw in elevation, from the back of the dam its about 300yds straight line distance. Even with a complete damn failure all the water would go through the woods and down the ravine to the creek.

The whole area from the proposed damn (west property line), north to red line and east just past the edge of the map has already been grubbed and cleared. Right now it just has three big piles of slash that need the remaining logs cut for firewood and then burned. I need to get a balance of as much pasture and as big as close to a one acre pond I can get. I do have pictures from after the clearing, but I'm in Iraq and they are on the camera. I will post them later.

I know it isn't "my pond"...my house in FL has a six acre residential lake which the back yard dumps into. It's literally 75ft from the backdoor to the shoreline. I got spoiled living there.

elevation

Eddie Aday
Asgard Farm
Home of Asgard Alpacas