Rainman, I will plan to use my ATV sprayer to treat my 1/10 acre pond. Did you have any problems with the alum settling out of the water and causing a problem cleaning out the sprayer tank? I plan to mix the alum in a 5 gal bucket and then dumping it into the sprayer tank an leave the mixer pump running on the solution in the big tank as I add the mixed solution 5 gallons at a time. I think ly boomless sprayer has a 35 gal tank. It is a Tractor Supply sprayer. 30 gallons of water is 240#s. If I mix 25# of aluminum sulfate in this amount of water that seems about right don't you think? I will do this 25# treatment and then wait a week to see how it looks before a second treatment. The pond is only stocked with a couple quarts of shiner minnows a couple months ago so I don't have a big concern with fish die off and don't think this will be a problem. Will the treatment continue to work over time or does the treatment just parcipitate out the suspended clay and settle it to the bottom one time? The water has looked like light brown milk since it was dug over a year ago. I don't think the water is being stirred up , just never settled and cleared up. RubyCreekTed