All;

This is great stuff - I've been getting quotes from erosion control firms around Lincoln and the results are all over the board.

Most hydroseeding outfits are skeptical to recommend their services on 2:1 slopes. Yet, I see DIED's project and it certainly looked as though some of his slopes were that severe? This is by far the most economical process unless I do it myself - costs around here are about 2k/acre.

Other firms have come and their recommendations include grading [which I do need], seeding and placement of erosion control straw mats. I have guys quoting from 12k [for TWO ACRES!!!] to 8k. This prospect quite literally is giving me night tremors.

The cost for seed, straw mat and staples runs around 2k for the acre project. I'm almost ready to roll up the sleeves and Git-Er-Done...just need the grading work done by someone which I can find.

Ever get the feeling, when facing a seemingly simple task like planting grass, that "Professinal Advice" has another goal in mind? IE: Raking you across the coals? Something just isn't sitting right with me...

Thanks for everyone's input - you guys have been very helpful - I will be in touch and let you know what solution I end up pursuing.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]