I know what you are going to say, JHAP is making up stories again (not that there is any evidence that I would actually post a falsehood on this forum) but this is actually true:

Effective September 1st "catch and release" fishing is banned in Switzerland. In addition barbed hooks are banned. Also in order to obtain a fishing license every angler will be required to take a course on humane ways to catch fish. Any fish caught will have to be stuck on the head with a blunt object until dead.

In a sweeping animial rights bill may other laws were instituted as well (and once again I'm not making this up):

Goldfish cannot be flushed down the toilet alive. They must be killed first.

Aquariums cannot be transparent on all sides and a natural day and night light cycle must be maintained.

Any animal classified as a "social animal" will be considered the victim of abuse if it is not allowed contact with other of it's species. The term "social animimals" is very inclusive from alpacas to zebras and includes hamsters, guniea pigs, parrots, goldfish, etc.

Under the law dog owners must take a two part course on recognizing the needs of the dog, and properly walking a dog.

Farmers will not be allowed to tether horses, cows, sheep or goats. Cows and pigs cannot be kept in areas that have hard floors. Pigs now have a legal right to shower after wallowing in the mud.

The legislation even mentions the appropriate keeping of rhinoceroses, although it was not clear immediately how many, if any, were being kept as pets in Switzerland.

As a side note, I've always wanted to own a rhinoceros. I think it would be so cool to look out across the acreage and see a rhinoceros wandering about the property. Of course it could make field mowing more of a challenge. I was actually thinking of starting a new type of exotic game hunting. People could come onto my property and hunt my rhinoceros but the only weapon that they would be allowed to use would be water ballons. Water ballon launchers and sling shots would be strictly prohibited. Hunters would be required to wear orange jump suits and have bells on their shoes. I am putting together a prospectus for any interested investors.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)