Sorry I havent posted lately,but its the weekend and Ive been pretty overrun with chores around the house.The BOSS was getting upset with me being so invovled with my new toys and blowing off the yardwok etc.I did manage to build test unit #3 Sat. nite after working in the yard all day.A cold 6 pack(to keep my consentration level peeked)a couple hrs to design and build the latest,greatest generater,a quick hookup to my batt charger to ck amp usage and presto!I didnt watch close enough and about 30 secs into the test,everythinks WAS working perfect,and then my wires shorted together.Thr 3/16 double braided stainless steel wire went from warm...to orange...to red...to white in about .0002 seconds.I dropped my beer(I know,I know,a mortal sin)grabbing for the plug to yank it out of the wall.After cking my shorts and grabing another brew and calming down a bit,I cked it out and found no serious damage except my wits.
On a much brighter note,I was casually talking to one of my custmers Sat afternoon and found out hes a physisist.We talked about 45 mins ,and when he put a confused look on my face,he said Tom,go home and chew on that.Come down next weekend and we'll talk some more :)So IM going back with a legal pad next Sat and getting a crash coarse in physics.I really liked the way he kept smiling as we talked and I kept asking him questions.When one of his anwers didnt make sense(I just didnt understand the answer,lack of knowledge on my part,)he grinned real big and told me enough for now.He was right.Ive thought about that 45min conversation all weekend and he crammed so much info into it Im still chewing on it.
Oh,and by the way,he had one in his lab he let me look at and said I was on the right track,that they do work.I also asked him why the carmakers werent all over it and he gave me one of those BIG smiles of his and,next weekend Tom,dont forget your pen.I guess he already knows Ill be taking notes

I subscribe
Some days you get the dog,and some days he gets you.Every dog has his day,and sometimes he has two!