Well the offspring from Bruce's gills are still doing great and feeding like mad. I feed them three times a day with the 5D01. They get all the want to eat because some of the 5D01 floats so when the sinking feed is depleted they start sucking in the remaining floating feed for quite a while.

Four observations:

1.) There are some "shooters." That is, there are some that are longer and wider than the rest. (And they are quite stout!) Not sure why. Could be there were two different hatches and the bigger ones are several days older? Or do males already show faster growth this early? Or they adapted to the feed earlier than the others? Or they are simply superior fish. (shooters) There is a possibility since at least one or two females were from another stock it could be hybrid vigor? Bruce?
Bill?

2.) Biggest fish are about an inch and half now maybe 2 inches from being hatched in July.

3.) I need to get the broodstock fish out. Some of the males are bedding again in mid August. I don't need any more fish.

4.) I am also feeding tadpoles by the hundreds!

I staked the **** out of the pond with up to four 30 pound mono lines parallel to the bank and over the water, so hopefully the a heron can't get in.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 08/16/08 12:24 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.