Rad,Im happy to say you are wrong.I can build an HHO generater in about 2 hrs.I feel like an idiot for not pusueing this a long time ago.
Bobad,I have my own opinions as to why this isnt mandated by the govt,why Detroit doesnt do it at the factory,but THAT is getting very political and I respect this forum too much to get into that.

An overview,
First,A piece of nonconductive materiel,2 1/2X8"..I used a piece of hard blue plastic about an 1/8" thick.Mark&drill small holes a 1/2" apart down both sides longways.Next get 2 pieces of stainless steel wire about 8 ft(I used 25ga wire welder wire for welding stainless,got it from a local weld shop) long and insert into the holes to make a spiral(looks like a barber pole).The wires cannot touch each other,as this will create a short.Tie off the bottom end of the wire to the hole you start in and youll have about a foot of wire left when you finish rapping your coil.Hook up your loose ends to a 12v battery sourse to ck for a short.It should do nothing,thats good.Now for the shoch of your life.......Get a jar of tapwater,about a quart,put 1tbl baking soda in and put your ciol in and hook it up.all those bubbles you see are hydrgen.WARNING,YOUVE JUST BUILT AN HHO GENERATER,THIS STUFF IS HIGHLY FLAMMABLE.Ill try to post picks later today.I used a water filter can for my housing and a checkvalve to prevent backfire.
Im willing to call anyone who PMs me and explain this in detail.Ive had it on my truck since tuesday,and dont believe the results myself,but Im still on full.Time will tell.I buy a tank of fuel a week so Ill know for sure next Wednesday.

A friend of mine made one and lit the gas,noone got hurt,but it blew and he said there was a really big,cool blue flame there for a minute.

I subscribe
Some days you get the dog,and some days he gets you.Every dog has his day,and sometimes he has two!