Here is a post by PO

Quote:
Just wanted to post what I found out about getting tilapia here in Indiana. The Inland Aquatic people kept giving me run around on getting tilapia for me and never would give me any real info I was looking for. So I did as Bill Cody suggested and found a ex hog farmer, who turned the operation into a recirculating aquaculture farm and they raise Nile Tilapia (oreochromis niloticus). Mr Jim Bradley is owner and just spoke to him today. He told me to wait till water gets to about 65 and then I can go get them from him. Said they will be about 1/4 lb and bigger and that he gets almost $2 apiece but would let me have a hundred for $1 apiece. Name of his company is AQUA-MANNA, just northwest if Indianapolis, IND. about 30 miles in Ladoga IND. Now my question is I don't now how this type Tilapia will do on the filamentous algae and how many to put in. My pond is only 1/2 acrer and my brother wants what I don't use for his 10 acrer lake. Aqua-Manna has lot of info about their self on internet. I did a googles search to find them. This was the kind of committmet I was looking for in a supplier, real nice guy.