Helpless, there ARE laws against what your neighbor did. The problem is that they are all civil violations---The sheriff has no authority to act against him.

I am involved in a suit against my neighbor for blocking our access road and damages caused to our property (like your'ss) from water damages when his 18 foot deep, 1 acre pond dam failed --3 TIMES!! It will be hard, but you have to keep the emotion out of this and only present facts. Worrying or complaining about things like bullets in his pond will make your legitimate complaint/damages seem petty and much more likely to be ignored.

The BIGGEST concern is actual damage! If not for the fact that our neighbor blocked the only access road to our 60 acres, I would not have sued over the water damages. The water damage cost me a total of $4000 in repairs. We paid $55K for our property and have paid the lawyers another $50K! Law suits are not cheap, but you DO need to see a lawyer right away and at least get an injunction against him and a letter sent requesting the costs of cleanup.

Talk to several lawyers for 2 reasons. First, this will help you find the best lawyer for THIS problem and second, ANY lawyer you talk to about this with cannot represent the other person against you.

Best of luck to you and I am sorry you seem to have my jackass neighbor.

I'll say it again, take the anger and emotion out of the situation and think of what the actual cost to repair vs. suit will be and if you are prepared to fight. My suit is pretty much a slam dunk win for us, but has been in court for almost 3 years now and will end up costing more than our property.