Originally Posted By: Bill Cody
My experience is the best way to improve the numbers of bass that stay "on feed" is to after receiving them to raise them in a smaller space such as a small pond, in a cage or behind a blocking net. The longer one can keep them "on feed" in a confined area, the stronger the imprinting of eating pellets becomes and the less likely they will resort to eating natural foods once released into a larger habitat. Extended habituation is the key to keeping a high percentage of feed trained fish "on feed" after they are released into the "wide open spaces".

Bill is absolutely right. At least that is my experience with largemouth bass too.

I used to raise feed trained largemouths until I discontinued them. Easiest fish I've ever raised. To grow out in a cage until they were large enough to release free into the pond with the larger bass without becoming forage it wasn't difficult at all. I had up to 400 up to almost 6 lbs. waiting for the chow like they were starving to death up to twice a day.

If you have any questions Eastland shoot away!

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.