Thank you for the welcome Bruce. A zone map would be a marvelous tool for newbies like myself.

From what I've read today, the BSF's range is as far north as Boston. Interestingly, where I am geographically is actually south of Detroit in a region of Canada's only Carolinian forest. Our summers are positively tropical with very high humidity while our winters are relatively mild (relative of course to the rest of Canada). We get snow but generally we get two or three "dumps" of up to 12 inches per winter and it usually melts away within a week or two.

I feel sorry for the folks around here who own SkiDoos as they only get to play with them, if they are lucky, two or three times in the season. Unlike when I lived on the James Bay frontier and people used their snow machines to go through the McDonald's drive thru. (grin) I moved here from there because it was as far south as I could go and still be in Canada. (grin)

My concern with the BSF is how to over-winter them. I've read that placing a layer of styrofoam over the container will help keep the heat in. Does anyone have experience in over-wintering their BSFs?
Thanks again for the welcome, Barb.