n8ly, I suggest you contact John Alvarez at My Fishing Pond, Inc. 26331 432nd Ave., Bridgewater, SD 57319. H 605-729-2718 C 605-240-0248.

John was in an accident a few years ago and suffered severe brain damage. He can't drive, run a computer or stand loud sounds. He and his wife moved to an old farm site. In this area, there is only one family per every section or two. Anyhow, he built a pond that is only 50 ft. X 150 ft. Last year, he had over 500 people fishing at this lake! Not only did they fish, he had a picnic for them free of charge. He's done a good job of getting support for his project. I've asked him and he'd love to talk with you. Give him a call, he can't use a computer.

With all of this fishing, John was down to 1 LMB, 1 SMB and 1 white bass. I'd told John that I'd always keep him stocked with fish but cormorants had really hit us hard this year. I couldn't get fish any place else so we went fishing on the James River, which is only about half an hour from John's place. We caught half a dozen smaller CC, one 20 inch walleye and our real prize, goldeyes. Around here, goldeyes are also called skipjacks (which they are not) and are considered a "trash fish". They are boney and a person must know how to smoke them. In Canada, they are considered one of the best eating fish there is. They are silver, up to 16-18 inches long and are unsurpassed in their fighting ability. This includes LMB, SMB, HSB and anything else you can think of.

John now has his lake stocked and is ready for his first group this weekend.

Give him a call.

Norm Kopecky