Wow nice bluegill there Davatsa!

Bruce,

I'm happy to say the Condello bluegills are doing fine in the ponds and feeding well in either pond they are in. Many of the males are right in there with the yellow perch feeding like maniacs on the sinking hydrated feed, while some seem to have set up shop closer to shore possibly in preparation for spawning. The females are in a 5 by 5 foot cage and seem to be looking out forelornly at the other fish through the 1 1/4 inch mesh.

I have about 7 of your females and 2 of mine along with 4 of your males and 4 of mine in the breeding pond with the yellow perch fry. Hopefully I will have my perch so conditioned on feed by then they will not be interested in eating too many of the bluegill offspring. I may get the smallies off to Bass Pro Shops and Cabelas in time to put some bluegill breeders in that pond just in case. That was the plan originally but plans change.

Man I pulled a bluegill out of the holding pond today that had to be shaped like a dinner plate and just as big. Wish I would have gotten a picture. I probably should have put him in the breeder pond, but I put him in the monastery along with the other only male only bluegills. I'd like to see him come up at feeding time as my water is still crystal clear in that pond.

I had a wholesale buyer for an extra bluegills, but my contact there no longer works there. (Former owner's daughter) The new owner says most of his customers are only interested in the hybrids. Riiiiiiight.. . Just the opposite of what his former employee said. Funny my phone used to ring off the hook with people looking for "regular" bluegills.

No problem. I'll market them myself as premium bluegills. I thought after I cross them with mine I'll call them the Condello B. strain. What do you think? Or maybe I should call them Nebraska Giants.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.