MF, you and JamesM seem to have joined around the same time. Welcome aboard again.

We have several folks from the North Country. All great folks. I haven't seen any of your other posts as I've been tied up lately. Have you told us about your pond? You could start a new thread.

calvin, there's most certainly a split on the forum between who believes the fish egg thing is possible and who does not. There are a lot of past threads that have some interesting discussions.

Here's where I'm at now:

1) Stockings do take place from birds accidentally dropping fish; how this translates into creating existing populations of that 'introduced' species, I'm not sure. There would have to be both sexes.

2) I believe some species of birds may instinctively transport fish from one body of water to another maybe to creat a food source. HOWEVER, I have no evidence to support that.

3) Flooding or access to other waters is one method that I don't think anyone disputes.

4) I think that in some areas of land where there are underground water connections is a very feasible idea.

5) Regarding the transport of eggs by bird, turtle, etc., I don't know enough.

6) Alien stockings? Of course.

7) Ole Mudcat Joe and his compatriots across the land. Yes, more than we know.

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."