Brettski- I missed your question about the expectation that the foundation is water tight. The answer is yes and no. Once the foundation was dug, it was hard packed with clay and then filled with about 6" of gravel on the top. On the upper side of the south wall of the foundation has 3 ventilation holes. If you look at the above picture of my boys fishing off the side of the cabin (with the tent in the background ), you can see one on the left and one behind the fishing net. The north wall has the same holes about 2-3" lower. We sloped the gravel/clay from south to north so it will drain on the north side. So, in the event of a gully washer, yes, the foundation will get water in the inside. The photos above are with our lake at full capacity. So we have approximately 15" until it would hit the drain. The exterior of the foundation was covered with aquatic sealant to prevent any damage to the exterior of the foundation wall. I'll have to check with my Dad on the numbers, but the emergency spillway, is somewhere around the 15-18" above full capacity level I think.

Last edited by Scott Krehbiel; 05/14/08 08:15 AM.