I just found out my dozer guy is delayed. Parts he needs aren't in the area, they need to be shipped in...this comes after he was delayed 3 weeks on another project due to Mother Nature. I trust the operator so I'll wait...patience. (the most important word regardings ponds, according to my Pop)

As Pond owners, we run a lot of risks, and areas where we can fail. Homework is one thing, but there are also many variables that effect sleep at night. Will the test holes be true for the entire basin? Will the dam hold during a 5" downpour? Do I have enough, or too much watershed area? How much will it receed during summer? Is it deep enough? When will I get some runoff so I can stock my forage base? Do I have too much shallow area inviting weeds when the water level is low? Will predators upstream ruin my forage plans?

As you can tell, I'm still in pond envy as I'm trying to be optomistic. While you may read my post as concern, it's intended to make each and everyone WITH a pond appreciate what you have. We are all a rare breed, and have what most people want once they see/experience it. Hold on to your dreams, life sucks without a pond ! And for those lucky enough to have one, a stroll around it makes us realize we're smarter than most people ! \:D