I don't know if enough are sold to make a commercial market or not, but lots of them are sold P-T-P. I know lots of them change hands at the local hangouts at $25.00 to $50.00 per pound. Friends of friends from St. Louis came out and hunted last weekend. When they arrived they said their neighbor had offered them $100.00 per pound for a couple of #s. They hadn't hunted them much before but their host had. They found seven pounds. A "mess" of them were cooked up for lunch and they decided they would rather keep their part of the seven ## than sell them. "They really are good guys". I was curious about why there have been so few posts on this the subject, but then I went on the mushrooms hunter's web site and realized how regional they are. There are lots of pictures from the midwest and upper midwest, but none from Texas. Around here no one calls them Schrooms. They are respectfully called their proper name, Mushrooms. Also, the pecker heads are the least sought after here. They are the first to show up in the spring and many hunters just leave them while looking for the more desirable white, yellow and even black morels. I am not a very good hunter, but Mrs. B. is an excellent pie baker. She barters pies for mushrooms with a neighbor.

Bing

"I love living. I have some problems with my life, but living is the best thing they've come up with so far." � Neil Simon,