Hey Guys, remember me? I have really missed this place. I couldn't stand the "Pond Boss" torture once I sold my property & pond and I became an outsider. STOP and take the time to "smell the roses", you are all very fortunate to have and manage a pond.

I'm now over my Pond Envy and will return as a regular around here, financing is in place and the new project begins in 2 weeks ! My new property (80 acres) has approximately 170-210 acres of watershed, it will be interesting to watch things develop. Large rainfalls will let in a lot of water fast, it will need to exit just the same at full pool. I have an older 1/3 acre pond upstream that will act as a silt trap. The silt trap pond has an interesting design because it was build to flow the water horizontally over a 500 foot area and exit back uphill, there are several areas along the dam area that have been breached, but it has roughly 7 feet of freeboard space so the water must reach pretty high levels when the breaches occur. It’s probably 40-50 years old and could be expanded to an acre given the design, but I’m electing to clear and build below it. Here is the silt pond at full pool, it's generally 3 feet lower than this. The picture is looking back up the watershed area, the spillway exit is at the upper left.

Bulldozers will begin rolling in approx 2 weeks on the new pond, I will take pictures and post them as things progress. This project will be different than my first building experience, I have a lot of watershed, but only a 5% gently rolling slope which will require a lot more dirt displacement. I plan on financing the development thru multiple stages and will elaborate more after we clear the initial site.

It was great news to read there's a 2nd PB Convention this year! I will be there and look forward to seeing everyone and meeting all the new members that have arrived !