I would contact this gentleman and ask him about places to acquire adult largemouth bass. He is only a few miles from Lincoln and has been very helpful to me in the past.

Rob Hofpar, Aquatic Biologist Lincoln, NE 888-850-2460

I do not neccesarily think this is a good idea if these fish come from a wild source since they will have already adapted to their particular environment when you remove them to bring them to your pond. What you will likely find is that a few of the fish will do fine, and some of them won't do so good. If they come from a hatchery or a licensed aquaculturist they will possibly do well in your pond.

I would suspect that this won't be cheap. I'm going to guess that 15 inch bass will cost you 10-15 bucks each. Just a wild guess.

You must carefully check regulations before moving wild fish into your pond. There may be some legal issues. Call the warden and find out what's OK.

If you are patient you can stock smaller fish, which are much cheaper, then you may find they get to large size just as fast as the 15 inchers would have if you keep their forage base up. They will be fish that are adapted to YOUR pond, which means you will probably have better success.

I think your goals of 3-6 pound fish, with an occasional 8 pounder to be very attainable if you make sure that your fish always have a lot to eat.

Holding a redear sunfish is like running with scissors.