Everyone,

Thanks for your help. Everyone here are so helpful it makes me feel bad to ask question!

I am sharing some of the pictures to help answering some quetions. Yes, my goal is to have a clear lake for my house. If there happens to be fish, that is okay, but my primary goal is the aesthetic. Also, I would LOVE to move to the hill country, but my business and my fiance are here. We want to build a new home on this land. Unless she breaks my heart soon, I will have to settle for building the lake in Deep South Texas.

A-- the irrigation canal for water source
B-- my land
C-- Proposed Lake site, 3 acres. this area is 10 feet lower than the rest and is previously dug for caliche. The caliche is dug out and sold for construction purpose.
D-- A giagantic caliche pit nearby that was previous dug for caliche. The pit holds some shallow water (ground? irrigation?) and never seems to dry up according to the neighbor. It is shallow so the water doesn't show on the map.
E-- Pond that is filled with water. I assume this is also caliche based. My realtor told me that pond has been dried since. But no one has been putting water in it either.

Picture of the irrigation canal

Close up of water quality

What the ground looks like.

Nearby 20 acre lake build by a local contractor

I will share some pictures of the caliche pit in "D" tomorrow. It is at my work place.

Thanks
RJ

Last edited by ArJay; 04/02/08 09:26 PM.