I want to thank everyone for helping me prioritize and giving me inputs. I have done quite a bit of reading in this forum and have studied on my own with pond boss literatures, magazine and Bob's CD.

Now I have prioritized my goals.

My most important wish is to have a clear water lake with very few to no aquatic plants and fishes. I noticed that most of the discussions on this forum are on ponds or lakes that raise trophy bass.

My number 1 goal would be clear water and aesthetics. I understand that water clarity is very much based on several factors. From previous discussions I learn that my pond should be 10-12 feet deep. I will need a 2:1 to 3:1 slop with quick drop off into 3 feet to discourage to much aquatic plant growth.

Also, I plan to use irrigation water that may have been fertile. However, I will probably need some chemicals to change the PH and alkalinity to minize growth of the organism and keep my lake oligotrophic. I will need help with water chemistry to prevent the clumping of clay and other particles in the soil to keep water clear.

I will need to minimized run offs and protect the lake as much as possible to keep the phosphorus low.

This is how I am planning to create my 3 acre clear water lake. I am looking for the kind of lake that will reflect the blue color of the sky on a clear sunny day.

I notice that in the forum there are very few discussion on creating an oligotrophic lake. Therefore, I would like to ask for help by opening the discussion as to whatelse I should know to achieve the goals above and what I should look out for. I also will be very thankful in any wisdom that will help me design my lake.

I know this is my third post on the topic. Sorry, but it takes some time to finalized my goal.

Thanks.