Mostly #3. Only with heavy rains do I get a lot of ag runoff and I have moved the cattle out of there. I have another silting pond that helps settle most of the silt before it runs in. Cattails have begun to grow with alot of canary grass around the edge. Contrasting others on this board, I am hoping the cattails begin to increase in # so that my water quality improves. When water temps decrease it always improves the clarity, probably because the carp and catfish slow down their activity.

I am hoping the HSB help decrease the population of carp and/or catfish. If they aren't dependant on carp for feed, I think they will survive once they find the feeders.

My plan right now is to raise 50-150 HSB per year in a smaller pond and then transfer them to the 20 acre pond and commercially feed them. An added bonus would be to get rid of most carp over time. (and improve water quality)

Is this realistic.
I will probably try anyway. It would be interesting to see how several hundred wipers would do in a 20 acre pond with adequate feed.

If that doesn't work I will save up money to drain the pond, reexcavate and fill it up again.

Thanks for the help.

Just a Pond Boss 'sponge'