Eddie, yes - I am building the dock exactly as in the link attached above. I was going to cut it down to 12' x 16' but decided for the small difference in price I'll keep it 16' x 16'. This kind of thing always ends up looking smaller after you get it built anyway! While the corner brackets need to be made rather than purchased pre-fabricated, what I liked about this plan is because of the stout corners with the 2 foot depth of the bracket - you don't need to pound the posts into the bottom of the lake. The weight of the pipe is enough. This will allow me to re-locate the dock easily if the water gets too low or high.

I picked the brackets up on Saturday and they are perfect. Brettski, they are black and smooth with no rust on them anywhere. Nice neat bolt holes and good welds. I also bought 4 - 8' pipes for them - they were $12 a piece.

My calculations have the total price coming in right at $1,000. That is not counting the fixed 6' x 16' dock that I built from the steepest part of the dam into the water or the plank walkway that will access the floating dock. I am buying Extruded Polystyrene foam form Dallas Foam in Keller. Same dimensions as the Dow brand and same density as in the plans - but much cheaper. It will cost $275 for the foam for this dock. IT will last 10-15 years and then may begin to water log. If on a public waterway I don't believe you could use these anymore. I may have them coated.

I am taking pictures of everything and will post them. Next weekend we are hosting 40 boyscouts and about 20 dads for our annual camping trip. The dads don't realize they are going to help me finish this thing and lift the behemoth into the water!

On another note - we had 3 inches of rain this week and the lake level went up 4 1/2 inches. (wish it would get more runoff - but it is what it is) It is the deepest it has been since built.

"Our Life is frittered away by detail. Simplify, Simplify" -Henry David Thoreau -