First of all, congratulations. That size fish is hard to come by. I'm sure you'll love them.

100 pounds of fish is a lot of weight to move. I'd use about as much water as you can possibly come up with. I wouldn't go much less than 200 gallons, ideally well aerated. No sudden temperature changes.

This time of year isn't ideal. Any jostling of the fish, when ending up in cold water could result in fungus growth, and maybe eventual death. HANDLE THE FISH ABSOLUTELY AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE!!!.

Time of day is also important. Fist of all I like to move fish in the morning, because it will give them time to acclimate in a lit environment, and also really early in the morning can be good because lower traffic volume in your area may mean fewer stops, resulting in less jostling and less travel time.

I'd tend to put them in the main pond initially and take my chances. This will mean one less handling event.

To look up archived threads, find the original George in the members list (Not George1), and look for his previous posts. When you have these up, then click on "topics created". If you go back a year or two you will find that George's HSB threads are the best ones.

Good luck.

Last edited by Bruce Condello; 02/04/08 06:53 PM. Reason: I failed to use the term "jostling" enough.

Holding a redear sunfish is like running with scissors.