loggin in is sure hit or miss...and i'm sure i'll get locked up again after posting....so off topic.....i miss you too guys (in response to a PM)

matt, the soils were screened for heavy particles (lead shot). it was a huge undertaking but there is a big market amongst recyclers for lead taken from former DOD shooting ranges. the levels were (obviously) high before screening and near background after screening. the screened dirt was left on-site for backfill, the lead impacted dirt hauled off for further refining to recyclers.

sv, i dont really understand the regulatory rationale there either. i believe, for the most part, many heavy metals in soil or water, such as lead, are relatively inert in and of themselves, and their leaching potential is pretty low compared to other types of contaminants. perhaps in the water the pathway for ingestion is more direct as you suggest w/ the ducks.

either way, i dont think david u could ever put enough lead in his pond to create two headed ducks, but that is just my opinion, and i still urge david u to have fun!

o.k. now for the "submit"............

GSF are people too!