Last week was eventful. Tuesday morning at 4 a.m., headed south. 500 miles later, crossed the border at the Columbia bridge, north of Laredo, then drove north and west to the ranch in Mexico where I have had the opportunity to help design a lake. Went to check progress of the earthmovers. Huge dam, not quite finished, but near completion. Sculpting inside the lake should begin within the next two weeks.
Then, came back across the border to visit with a man I met on an airplane a few weeks ago. He has a ranch south of Laredo with a few ponds. Visited with his ranch manager, toured the ponds, and will write a proposal to them for a fisheries management plan.
Then, drove another 180 miles, to the Rio Grande Valley, spent the night. Early Wednesday morning, loaded a huge door, ordered by the princess Debbie. This giant door stands 10 feet tall, 12 feet wide, wrought iron and glass. It goes into a gap in the front of Lusk Lodge, Two, and will be our front door. I dragged a sixteen foot long trailer on the trip, and the door draped over the sides. My wife loves it. Tuesday, 727 miles, Wednesday was 630 miles...lots of windshield time, solitude to think and listen to cd's, trying to learn a little Espanol.
Thursday was spent on the sawmill, turning native cedar logs into lumber, then grabbing grandson Ethan for a "special day" together.
Friday, drove to the Texas pandhandle, to meet with a third generation ranch owner with several nice lakes and ponds. The ranch covers 35 sections, around 20,000 acres. Fun stuff. Two lakes cover six or eight acres, and several others are smaller. They want a fishing program for the kids and grandkids.
Yesterday was spent in the woods, cutting more cedar trees to turn into beautiful boards. This time we cut trees to make 1x8" boards for trim and a mantel for the fireplace.
Cool.
I live a neat life..a blessed life.
Tomorrow, plans are to meet with Pond Boss office manager Kathy Reeves and work on the program for the Pond Boss conference. Stay tuned, we should have a program pencilled together in the next few days. Will post it when we have it.
So far, we have 20 vendors committed to the expo. And, you won't believe some of the other things that are happening. There's some energy there, folks.
More, later...
Fish on.

Teach a man to grow fish...
He can teach to catch fish...