Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Jward87, Kanon M, KWL, Homestead 101, Willy Wonka
18,495 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,960
Posts557,934
Members18,496
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,534
ewest 21,493
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,145
Who's Online Now
1 members (Fishingadventure), 481 guests, and 188 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
I know (I thought, see edit?) Burgermeister mentioned something in a thread about a month ago regarding extended vacation and writing an article (or the like)...? When I got PB baptized, he was right there...I miss the lug. \:\(
-
(edit; my mistake...I think Sunil mentioned ML's hiatus. Sorry if I goofed, Burgermeister)

E
Lunker
Lunker
E
From a prior post from Deb :

Meadowlark is taking a slight forum break after all of the recent negativity (which I might add has cooled off a lot). He is still working hard on the GG project, and is preparing a "paper" so to speak with pics and all for a later release (date not known). If you want to be included in his updates just send him an email. I know he will be glad to hear from you. He is really a wonderful person, and he has become a very dear friend of mine (only wish I lived closer).

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Thanx, Eastland....I regret that I missed Ms. King's post.
Maybe he'll sneak a peek and catch this thread as a breadcrumb to follow back home. \:\)

B
Lunker
Lunker
B
His Catalpa's should be budding about now...

P
P
We need Meadowlark. Maybe if everyone that was helped by his experience will thank him.

Meadowlark- My pond now has 4' of water. It has completely covered the areas of wet sand that you helped me with. I marked the highest water and it has only lost 2" in 10 days. I have had 24 hours of 40MPH wind and 36 hours of wind in the teens with super dry conditions. You have saved me from a horriible leak. Your knowledge and experience has helped many people here. Come on back home. Thank you for all your help!!

Theo and Bruce are now moderators so you have nothing to worry about! :rolleyes: :p \:D

Please no more rain for a month! :|
Lunker
Lunker
Meadowlark is the person who informed me about PB
He seems to be good people

C
Lunker
Lunker
C
I think all that ML has said has been pretty much right on and has worked for me. Of course we are not personal friends and he may be a complete nut ( me too), but as far as his pond boss business goes he is a grat help and I hope he keeps posting.

R
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
R
The forum did have a few problems a couple of months ago, but I think everything has been worked out, and sure wish ML would give us some more of his time and knowledge.

Just do it...
B
Lunker
Lunker
B
Quote by Brettski:edit; my mistake...I think Sunil mentioned ML's hiatus. Sorry if I goofed, Burgermeister)

Dont worry, Brettski, I thought it was me, too. ;\) Come on back Mr. Hartley.

B
Lunker
Lunker
B
I am on Meadowlarks E-mail list and wish him well. Hope you are still lurking buddy.
Bill

Lunker
Lunker
 Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Duggan:
I am on Meadowlarks E-mail list and wish him well. Hope you are still lurking buddy.
Bill
Ditto for me.

P.S. If it ever warms back up to January levels here (it was 65 for a week), I will be doing my first fly fishing - Thanks to ML and George.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
M
Lunker
Lunker
M
Brettski,

This lug also misses you and many others. However, the simple answer to your question is that I grew weary of constant harassment.

Bobad,

The Catalpa's suffered from the recent cold snap...several mornings with ice...very strange for late March. Thankfully, Ken Hale talked me out of stocking Tilapia two weeks ago and he was right on.

PondsForFun,

You give me way too much credit! You recognized the problem, looked for all the alternative solutions, analyzed the solutions, and made the best decision you could given your situation. That usually results in a good outcome. My compliments to you on your approach and my wishes for continued success.

Casca,

I am unabashedly a complete nut on ponds. My experiments continue unabated. My enthusiasm has never been higher. I only wrote/posted from my hands on experience...it is nice to hear that maybe you found some of it to be true and helpful.

rmedgar,

Thank you for your words. If the change to moderators will prevent what happened to me and will moderate all that ridiculous venom unfairly directed at Deb...and anyone who would dare try a GG...then it will be a better Forum.

Burger,

My friend, you are always welcome on Meadowlark Ranch, and in fact I expect to hear from you in June. I still need assistance figuring out a solar powered aeration system for the Kid's pond...and there is a TGG with your name on it!

Bill Dugan,

I have the highest respect for you Bill. You defended Deb against the personal attacks and bullying and for that you are the Man in my eyes.

Theo,

Fly fishing will never be the same once you enter the fold....but I predict it will also change you and how you look at fishing and ponds. In times of sorrow and stress, fly fishing has been my source for inspiration....somehow it puts me in touch with the spiritual side. I hope you enjoy it and if there is ever anything I can help you with, you know where to find me. Heck, you might even want to join me on a saltwater adventure...you would be most welcome and I would be most fortunate.

Deb,

Thank you for pointing out this thread to me. I would not have seen it otherwise. It has brought joy to me in a time of personal sorrow. Most of all, thank you for your friendship...it is the most valuable thing I have obtained from the Forum.

To anyone interested in the TGG experiment, I'll include you on the mail-out if you simply drop me an e-mail. I intend to set up a photo album on-line to reduce the bandwidth required from e-mailing so many pictures. I will regularly mail out a tabular compilation of the data on growth rates, aggressiveness factors, feeding rates, etc....but if you don't express interest, you won't be included.

The journey continues. Thanks everyone.

N
Lunker
Lunker
N
Meadowlark, it's good to have you back! I too missed you.

Norm Kopecky
Lunker
Lunker
\:\)

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
A
Lunker
Lunker
A
ML,

I named the bridge over my EMERGENCY SPILLWAY "Meadowlark Lane". :p

Just kidding, but welcome back!

Gator

- Smoke 'em if you got 'em

[Linked Image from i4.photobucket.com]

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Welcome back, Larry. You've been missed.

Dave

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
G
G
Welcome back Larry ....
I knew it was just a matter of time \:D
This forum is addictive..

W
Lunker
Lunker
W
Ditto to the last 3 plus Post

P
P
A big welcome back home. \:D

Are you getting any of this great rain? I have only a trace so far but east of me looks like several inches.

Please no more rain for a month! :|
ML, awfully good to see your name when I hit "today's active topics" today! \:\)

It ain't much of story if you don't have pictures!
O
Lunker
Lunker
O
I just caught wind of Larry's return. Welcome back!! Give us an update. How are the ponds? Done anything new and exciting?

It's ALL about the fish!
M
Lunker
Lunker
M
Thanks all.

Norm,

I thought of you this weekend as we had families from Missouri, Arkansas, and Oklahoma, in addition to Texas, at the ranch due to a family tragedy. We had folks of all ages fishing in the ponds and catching several 5 to 6 pound LMB with one reported 8 pounder and many HSB up to 4 pounds. Great therapy for all but the most special was my niece’s little 8-year-old Bethany from Ash Grove, Missouri who wanted to fish the kid’s pond. I didn’t accompany her, but her father did and verified her catch of 38 TGG’s. Later in the evening on Saturday I read on my wall calendar for Saturday’s date “38 fish caught by Bethany”. She has already got a commitment from her parents to return next summer and fish again. You were part of the inspiration for the kid’s pond, and I thank you for that.

Gator,

I’ve had a lot worse names associated with me. \:\)

PondsForFun,

Yes, we have thankfully had good rains. Three ponds are spillway full and the 4-acre pond with 3 acres of watershed needs only another 3 or 4 inches to be the same.

Fishing has been terrific this spring in all ponds…the best it has ever been…. and I expect it to get better still. Construction of the next three ponds is on temporary hold due to the wet conditions and the unavailability of a track-hoe for rent. Most equipment is still tied up with hurricane clean up.

B
Lunker
Lunker
B
ML, I would be glad to help with aeration setup, and take flyfishing lessons. Just let me know when you want to pursue it. I will be coming that direction June 17/18 on the way to Scroggins to the catalpa worm fest. \:\) But dont have to wait til then.
"We had folks of all ages fishing in the ponds and catching several 5 to 6 pound LMB with one reported 8 pounder and many HSB up to 4 pounds." These wouldn't be the 'uncatchable" Floridas would it? Maybe they were looking for a different presentation. \:D Sorry, couldn't resist. Tell us about your saltwater adventures.

M
Lunker
Lunker
M
Burger,

Actually it was pure strain Floridas that they caught....most on live bait. You may recall that I caught the poachers that were ravaging my fish/ponds. That coupled with very little fishing pressure for the past 6 months has allowed the big pond to re-generate itself. It will be interesting to see what happens to it after being attacked by 20 or so relatives.

My lastest saltwater adventure was to Crooked Island in the Bahamas in February. An article in the "Angling Report" will be published soon detailing the results of that trip. I was fortunate to average double digit numbers of bonefish on the fly each day, with legitimate shots at Permit. Also was lucky to observe a 12 foot Tiger shark in about 6 feet of water for several minutes. He/she was all lit up with the stripes flashing. There is no doubt who is the Pond Boss in saltwater.

Next trip to Campeche, Mexico for Tarpon and to return to Alaska this fall in search of the 30 inch plus rainbow on the fly.

A
Lunker
Lunker
A
ML,

I would love to have you post your GG results on the forum. Differences aside - thats what a forum is all about, right?

Gator

- Smoke 'em if you got 'em

[Linked Image from i4.photobucket.com]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
jeffreythree, ShortCut
Recent Posts
Inland Silver sided shiner
by Fishingadventure - 04/23/24 10:22 PM
Concrete pond construction
by FishinRod - 04/23/24 09:40 PM