Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Mcarver, araudy, Ponderific2024, MOLINER, BackyardKoi
18,502 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,963
Posts557,990
Members18,503
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,537
ewest 21,499
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,151
Who's Online Now
7 members (jmartin, Sunil, nvcdl, Dave Davidson1, Fishingadventure, FishinRod, Bigtrh24), 1,176 guests, and 554 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Lunker
Lunker
 Quote:
Originally posted by Debra King:
Big Pond I'm in the brown leather jacket sitting next to Greg. :p The game here is to guess!!! \:D
I'd have never recognized you. You look a lot ... taller ... than on the Internet. :p \:D

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
F
Frank Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
F
I am 7 from left in green and the organizer of the Ga meeting. It was Great!!

Frank

Book Owner and Magazine Subscriber 3 acre pond central GA
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Quote by Theo: "I'd have never recognized you. You look a lot ... taller ... than on the Internet. :p \:D "

I look a lot skinner on the intenet too. Damn those fertility treatments. Although I would not trade one single fat cell for what those treatments gave me (my little Tadpole). \:\) \:\) \:\)

I'm actually standing on the back row beside Dave with my head cocked to one side. Wind must have been blowing pretty hard to get an empty noggin to tilt like that. :p

Do fish actually kiss?

F
Frank Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
F
big pond

I vote YES for doing this next year. I will volunteer again to organize it.

Frank

Book Owner and Magazine Subscriber 3 acre pond central GA
B
Lunker
Lunker
B
 Quote:
Originally posted by Frank:
big pond

I vote YES for doing this next year. I will volunteer again to organize it.

Frank
Well Frank we all should kick in this time you should not have to do this by your self....We all should kick in some money.. \:\)

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
I agree on All accounts. This should be a yearly thing, and we should all contribute. If we make it a two day event (as it needs to be), it will take more than the basic three individuals. Not to say they did not pull off a GREAT day, but it would be taxing on anyone (financially and otherwise) to push two days.
I have been thinking a lot about this event serving a dual purpose for attendees and future members. I have a good friend who writes for the associated press. It is possible that I can get him to cover at least a few hours next time. An article like that (spread nationwide) would do a lot to boost the pond boss website and subscriber list. That should financially boost the magazine and it's founders, as well as helping even more pond owners out there who aren't currently privy to the resources here.
Just a random thought (been having a lot of those since the meeting)!

Deb

Do fish actually kiss?

P
P
In the group photo, I'm on the far right with my hand on Wayne Edwards shoulder.

I'll be glad to help out in any way that I can if we have another meeting next year...

Thanks again,

Phyllis

Editor, Pond Boss Magazine
Lunker
Lunker
I'll play.

Teach a man to grow fish...
He can teach to catch fish...
B
Lunker
Lunker
B
I've got the peanuts already soaking

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
Bill :

Bill cooks some great p-nuts for those who don't know about them. If they are anywhere near as good as the ones you cooked last week you could make a good living selling them -- and not worry about the real estate buss. \:D \:\)

G
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
G
Seriously Dugan I consdier myself as somewhat expert on boiled peanuts I drove 92K on the pickup in 2003 around the SE and boiled peanuts are not only good but pass the time. My point is I have tried alot of 'em. I have got to say they were #2 all time the best was stand near Callaway Gardnes.

Just setup on Peachtree Corners and you can help pay for the new piece of real estate.

Greg Grimes
www.lakework.com
Lunker
Lunker
Gotta tell ya...the driver at the airport saw Duggan's peanuts as we left the rental car place. Otto was eating a few, and the driver wanted to know where we got them. Otto told him, and the dang guy wanted them. Otto, not knowing how big a deal it was, offered them to the guy. He took them, like he hadn't eaten in months. Within minutes, everyone on the shuttle from the rental car place to the airport was eating Duggan's boiled peanuts. The most fun part was a woman who lived in Virginia. She loves boiled peanuts. Otto started talking with her, and found out she was from Muenster, Texas, down the road from Mike's hometown. He knew the woman's parents! He had built a pond for them. The driver absconded with the peanuts, shared them with several Virginians, and ate the rest. We laughed our tails off. It was a fun trip to Hartsfield Airport. Boiled peanuts. Who'd a thunk it? Duggan, you are the man!

D
Lunker
Online Content
Lunker
D
Hey, the driver of the airport bus was only willing to share a little bit. Actually, he was kinda narrow minded about sharing the Dugganuts. Next year, Bill.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
D
Lunker
Online Content
Lunker
D
I just went back and re-read all of these posts and all of the Texas ones.

Wait'll next year. Duggan, look at goober futures on the commodity market. Planning, planning, planning.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
B
Lunker
Lunker
B
Thanks guys Let's do the next meeting in August when I can get green(fresh) peanuts then I can beat Callaway Gardens,

B
Lunker
Lunker
B
August is the WORST time for us we have to get ready for football Camp.....It is the WORST time \:\( lets do it in the winter again but not on Super Bowl weekend....PLEASE!!!

B
Lunker
Lunker
B
 Quote:
Originally posted by Greg Grimes:
Big-POnd I think it might have to shift a little in location every year to be fair. However I would love to have it here again. As great as it was I can see how it could be even better. Really up to Lusk to see if he has the time to travel again. Maybe he will chime in after his most recent trip to let you know. Hope you had a good time in Detroit, those dang officals made in tough on Seattle.
That is cool it is the timeing that gets me the closer to summer it gets the worse it gets for me and my family....

B
Lunker
Lunker
B
Any thime in the Fall is BAD for me....What about the spring? March? April? May? Maybe June...?

B
Lunker
Lunker
B
Hey Greg,

I am about 30 minutes south of Callaway Gardens just out side Columbus in Waverly Hall. Next time your down this way give me a call and I will meet you for lunch. (on me) That goes for all you guys/gals that may get down to my neck of the woods. Your all a great bunch of folks.

Bill Dugan, Your just down the road give me a hollar next time your in town. Maybe we can get over to Callaway Gardens and find out just how good those boiled peanuts are that Greg thinks are #1.

Big Jake

B
Lunker
Lunker
B
Big Jake you are on. Sounds like fun

Big Pond just kidding about August meeting, bad time for everybody

Lunker
Lunker
Big_Pond...we need to have a catfish meeting just for you.
You name the time of the year, and I bet that my clients in the southern part of North Carolina would let us use their board room for a meeting. You are a valuable part of this forum, and you gotta have a meeting. What do you think? Anyone in NC, SC, and northeastern Georgia up for an east coast meeting?

G
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
G
big jake just drove past you. put 612 miles on the truck today. I was pretty slammed but will keep it mind if heading that way. i wnet all the way near lake seminole.

Greg Grimes
www.lakework.com
R
Lunker
Lunker
R
You bet, I'm game!
So long as it's not turkey season. ;\)

Pond Boss Subscriber & Books Owner

If you can read this ... thank a teacher. Since it's in english ... thank our military!
Ric
B
Lunker
Lunker
B
 Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Lusk:
Big_Pond...we need to have a catfish meeting just for you.
You name the time of the year, and I bet that my clients in the southern part of North Carolina would let us use their board room for a meeting. You are a valuable part of this forum, and you gotta have a meeting. What do you think? Anyone in NC, SC, and northeastern Georgia up for an east coast meeting?
HECK yeah!!!! I am in all the way!!!

I think in the past few years I have been battleing the actual building of lakes more than ANYTHING ....It has been tough sledding for at least the past 3 years. My brother finshed a 2 acre lake that is 35 feet deep, and is presnetly working on a 45 acre lake. I finished a 10 acre lake that will not fill up 2 years ago and NOw about to em bark on yet ANOTHER lake to fill this on up......SHOOOOOOOwwww WEEEE!!! No time for the fun part of fish management.......

I just hope we can do this next year with even a bigger turn out....Have it at Greg Grimes place in Ball Ground. That would be real nice!! \:D

C
C
I haven't posted in a coon's age but I had to write and tell everyone how good the meeting was.
It was incredible to get this great group of people together to talk about ponds. I was very impressed with all the discussion and it was interesting to hear the different opinions on various topics.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone involved in putting this event together. It was a great success and I think a 2 day event next year would be most appropriate if possible.

I am in the picture standing above the guy with the "Star Spangled Banner Hat" (Otto) in the tan coat. I was glad to finally meet Otto after reading about him all these years and I'll have to say he is quite the character. That DD is quite an interesting fellow himself. Many thanks again to "Gentleman Bob Lusk" and the group who made this possible.

Johnny T.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Recent Posts
Inland Silver sided shiner
by Fishingadventure - 04/27/24 01:11 PM
1/2 Acre Pond Build
by teehjaeh57 - 04/27/24 10:51 AM
YP Growth: Height vs. Length
by Snipe - 04/26/24 10:32 PM
What did you do at your pond today?
by esshup - 04/26/24 10:00 PM
Non Iodized Stock Salt
by jmartin - 04/26/24 08:26 PM
What’s the easiest way to get rid of leaves