Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
MidwestCass, Bucyrus22B, Steve Clubb, macman59, jm96
18,483 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,944
Posts557,788
Members18,483
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,508
ewest 21,490
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,141
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 778 guests, and 246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
J
Works for ( I think it's a )women also.

http://hometown.aol.com/jlygas/images/bubba\'s%20baby.bmp

P
P
Just Joe some help! edit your post and surrounded your url like this: [,img]http://hometown.aol.com/jlygas/myhomepage/bubba.bmp[,/img] (remove the commas) and the picture will show up in your post.

Please no more rain for a month! :|
E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
With those pics. in the thread I might have to remove the thread from the funny post thread archive. I don't want anyone to get sick when they see them. Nasty !!

J
J
Can you in your wildest dreams think what the picture would be without the umbrella.

Editor, Pond Boss Magazine
Lunker
Editor, Pond Boss Magazine
Lunker
Leave the link. That photo doesn't need to come up.

Teach a man to grow fish...
He can teach to catch fish...
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ditto. The image of the me-dog has already messed my mind up enough.

Holding a redear sunfish is like running with scissors.
P
P
ROFLOL!! \:D Oh come on everyone. Those photos will not diminish the quality of this thread by even a little bit! \:D

J
J
Didn't I see the Coonhoundello in a movie as a Mad Scientist raising Killer Yellow Perch

PB subscriber,PB gift subscriber,Book owner
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker

You've got to feel bad for Theo. A perfectly good, serious pond subject matter like Diet Dew and cats degenerating into THIS mess!?!

P
P
What happened to Coonhoundello's left ear? Looks like someone tried to edit with an etch-a-sketch. Or maybe he got it in the aquarium by accident. Those perch eat everything except eyeballs? The quality of this thread has reached a new low! :rolleyes: \:D

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
I think that hijacking Theo's thread was in bad taste.

Signed,

Nigel Incubator-Jones of Henley

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
Theo :

Can you by chance get CB1's dog Lassie to talk to the Coonhoundello fishing dog and see what he thinks about all those out of state people coming to his home. Maybe you can interpret for us. As you know that dog can really fish and I would hate for him to try and catch a Lusk or a Willis on a large HSB hook. \:D

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker

P
P
Is this a sobriety test after ingesting 20 cubic feet of laughing gas?

J
J
The BIG question is Did anyone win the cube of DMD?

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Jimmy I don't think anyone guessed the right answer. The real question is WHO won the award for insanity? \:D

Do fish actually kiss?

Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
Okay, I've finally stopped laughing and throwing up simultaneously, and will attempt to wrap up the contest. I really have no hope of wrapping up the thread ("IT'S ALIVE!!!"). When I was in Grad School, I had an undergrad lab I was teaching get out of control, pretty much like this thread. (Shudder!) \:D In short, Jimmy was right when he said "So where did this post take a wrong turn? Oh yeah with Theo starting it."

No one submitted a totally correct answer. IMHO there is a three-way tie for the MOST correct answer. I have decided these lucky winners will not have to split a Cube of Diet Mountain Dew ("DMD" forever henceforth), but are eligible for a twelve-pack each, under the delivery terms listed at the start of the contest. I had to make it a twelve-pack of DMD; 8 cans won't even get a man through the morning. ;\)

The Winners:

rmedgar was the first to identify that Fridge #1 belongs to me, Theo. Great use of Yankee fruit habits in your thinking! PB HUMOR HALL OF FAME candidate for the invention of refrigerated toilet paper! (BTW, that's actually an old Betty Crocker Cake Icing container full of Purina Fish Chow.)

Sunil was the first identify that Fridge #3 belongs to me, Theo. I will have to renege on my promise to also turn over Dixie the TV Cat to you. (My daughter would kill me in my sleep. Plus, the cat's been shown to have lots of acting income, so I'm going to start charging her rent. Kind of the opposite of Steve Martin's cat embezzling from him.) But I will arrange a visit to the excellent Knox County (Ohio) Animal Shelter where Dixie came from, so you can get an equally valuable cat.
P.S. Cans are for "on the go." At home I drink from 2-liter bottles. Straight. Chugging. Who's a pussy now?! :p

NOBODY correctly guessed who owns Fridge #2. (If you did, I missed it in repeated readings. Show me where you did, and you get a 12-pack too.) Fridge #2 belongs to me, Theo.

Which takes us to our third winner, Dave Davidson, who right off the bat noted that this was some kind of hoax. (Nice to know that DD's finally developed the ability to smell the meadow muffins before stepping in them!) If you carefully read the contest announcement, no where does it state that the fridges belong to different people. ;\)
P.S. That "Mineral Water" is "General Tsao's Sauce." Nice try.

Honorable Mentions, good for one can of DMD each:
Jimmy for thinking the FedEx box contained my meds shipped in from Canada. Actually, my day job has good prescription drug coverage and the meds get shipped in from Washington state USPS.
Debra King for very politely pointing out my Space Ranger status.
burgermeister who correctly guessed that the FedEx box contains mealworms. Just for a snack - they're great for dunking in DMD!
And finally Bob Lusk and Bruce Condello for being good sports and keeping the (TV) cat in the bag while I made fun of our mutual affliction. I utilized pictures of my own Dew-laden fridges because it would be degrading to post pictures of another man's refrigerator. Here's Bruce's:

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
P
P
Ponders Choice Thread Awards:
Edward P. Eitel- We will always be in your debt for the great photo-creatography of Coonhoundello.
Debra King- Wiper Fishing Houndello award.
Theo Gallus- Cat-tography creativity award
Bruce Condello- Takes a ribbing and keeps on kicking award.
Just Joe- Bad taste in photos award.

J
J
Tragic as it is being last on the list I still made the grade with the misfits. Have a good one.

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Theo I thank you for my honorable mention and free can. Once again you have brought joy upon this forum.
I must however decline my free beverage. \:\( I am currently in a weight battle to the tune of 50 lbs (thank you to my screwed up hormone family post IVF, pregnancy, and a hysterectomy), and I feel that "green tooth syndrome" would only weaken my self-esteem further. :p
So if you will please grab my can of DMD, pop the top, and make a toast on my behalf to ALL of the members here who continue to share time, intellect, and humor. \:\)

side note to Joe: I do not appreciate you hacking into my home computer and posting one of my Christmas pictures. That is my favorite green dress, and the red umbrella was a gift from a special client. \:D

Do fish actually kiss?

J
J
Oops Busted

B
Lunker
Lunker
B
Theo, I also thank you for the honorable mention, though, after much soul searching over the weekend, must decline the DMD. I am no pussy and prefer the full blown sugar and caffeine version. Also a 10 cent dew and contestant pays the freight, I had rather you give it to charity.

Theo hijacking his own thread. That reminds me of the commercial where the business exec. is "sticking it to himself". I am not a big commercial guy, but that one makes me laugh every time. \:\)

R
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
R
Theo, Thanks for the mention of my name in your contest. To accept the prize would void my "amateur status" as a drinker (I'm a real light -weight). Please accept my gift of my winnings and pound down a couple and keep the humor coming.
Randy

Just do it...
J
J
I too, appreciate the honorable mention, but alas will have to decline the DMD. Please give my can to That most talented of cats Dixie.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Quote from Theo Gallus:

And finally Bob Lusk and Bruce Condello for being good sports and keeping the (TV) cat in the bag while I made fun of our mutual affliction. I utilized pictures of my own Dew-laden fridges because it would be degrading to post pictures of another man's refrigerator. Here's Bruce's:

My favorite line in the entire thread.

Get this: It would be degrading to post pictures of another man's refrigerator, and in the same breath "Here's Bruce's". :p Glad Theo doesn't mind degrading me. \:D

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Froggy Joe
Recent Posts
What’s the easiest way to get rid of leaves
by Bill Cody - 04/18/24 08:53 PM
How many channel cats in 1/5 acre pond?
by Dave Davidson1 - 04/18/24 08:41 PM
1/4 HP pond aerator pump
by esshup - 04/18/24 06:58 PM
Hi there quick question on going forward