Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Amhano8r, shores41, MidwestCass, Bucyrus22B, Steve Clubb
18,485 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,947
Posts557,814
Members18,486
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,513
ewest 21,490
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,141
Who's Online Now
3 members (Pat Williamson, Bruno616, Dave Davidson1), 708 guests, and 201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#556129 03/07/23 10:42 AM
esshup Offline OP
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Just testing to see if the function works.

Attached Images
HSBGeorge.jpg

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
1 member likes this: Pat Williamson
P
Online Content
P
Good ole George! Miss him

Originally Posted by Pat Williamson
Good ole George! Miss him

Well then here's another. This was at his son Jeff's place.

Attached Images
Fishin' 10-22-14 031.jpg
Last edited by FireIsHot; 03/07/23 11:29 AM.

AL

esshup Offline OP
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
It seems that if the form is .jepg it won't work. Let me try again. OK, that worked. I have some flies that George gave me and they will never see the water. One especially is the Mrs. Gills I believe that he tied to catch HSB.

Attached Images
George 10-2012.jpeg
Last edited by esshup; 03/07/23 11:44 AM.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
[Linked Image]

Attached Images
90cPondBossConferenceFlies02-14-07.jpg Ec410-413bassbugs5.jpg
Last edited by ewest; 03/07/23 12:10 PM.

C
C
Shouldn't the uploaded images in the attachment manager embed in the post? It appears they are only uploading as tiny thumbnails and you have to click to open them yet. IS that as designed? I thought this newer version of the BB software would embed the uploaded images automatically in the message body without using the Full Editor and using the hosted image link process.

There's an X in the top right corner of the black page that posts the picture, or pictures. Be sure and close out that page by clicking on that X. If not, and you just go back a page on your browser or mouse, it will take you to the page before the page of the thread you're on.

AL

esshup Offline OP
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Originally Posted by canyoncreek
Shouldn't the uploaded images in the attachment manager embed in the post? It appears they are only uploading as tiny thumbnails and you have to click to open them yet. IS that as designed? I thought this newer version of the BB software would embed the uploaded images automatically in the message body without using the Full Editor and using the hosted image link process.

What Al said (I guess - that's beyond my pay grade). LOL.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

Shouldn't the uploaded images in the attachment manager embed in the post? It appears they are only uploading as tiny thumbnails and you have to click to open them yet. IS that as designed?...

Yes

...I thought this newer version of the BB software would embed the uploaded images automatically in the message body without using the Full Editor and using the hosted image link process.

It does if an external host provides the http:// address. I'll keep playing with it, but I'm almost positive there has to be a path to the picture. The http:// address directs the browser to the host that has the picture. If just the picture name, or number, at the end of the address is added, it won't display because the browser doesn't know where it's at. The external companies that host our pics provide everything needed to display the picture, so we can just copy that into the Image Link tab. The pictures added by the attachment manager on the Full Editor creates those paths on the PB Forum server itself.

Last edited by FireIsHot; 03/07/23 04:44 PM.

AL

esshup Offline OP
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Originally Posted by FireIsHot
Shouldn't the uploaded images in the attachment manager embed in the post? It appears they are only uploading as tiny thumbnails and you have to click to open them yet. IS that as designed?...

Yes

...I thought this newer version of the BB software would embed the uploaded images automatically in the message body without using the Full Editor and using the hosted image link process.

It does if an external host provides the http:// address. I'll keep playing with it, but I'm almost positive there has to be a path to the picture. The http:// address directs the browser to the host that has the picture. If just the picture name, or number, at the end of the address is added, it won't display because the browser doesn't know where it's at. The external companies that host our pics provide everything needed to display the picture, so we can just copy that into the Image Link tab. The pictures added by the attachment manager on the Full Editor creates those paths on the PB Forum server itself.

I have always had problems posting images to the image gallery, so I don't use it. But, could an image be posted there, then use THAT to link an image to show up full size in a post?

www.hoosierpondpros.com

Originally Posted by esshup
...I have always had problems posting images to the image gallery, so I don't use it. But, could an image be posted there, then use THAT to link an image to show up full size in a post?

[img]https://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=556165#lg=556137&slide=0[/img]

No for UBBCode only.

[img]https://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=556165#lg=556137&slide=0[/img]

No for HTML and UBBCode.

AL

C
C
Test...[Linked Image]

K
K
The photo attachments are suddenly working again. What changed?

I still prefer pasting the BBCode from a photo-sharing site, even though it is extra work. The images appear large and in-line with the body of the message.

This is "insert image link"

[img]https://imgur.com/Tibjy3R[/img]

This is attachment manager (2MB limit)

Attached Images
soil.lab01.png
Last edited by Knobber; 07/04/23 09:09 AM.
F
Lunker
Lunker
F
Originally Posted by catscratch
Test...[Linked Image]

That is a good looking display of new structure to put in your pond. Should really hold some fish! grin

C
C
Knobber, still not working.

The Imgur pictures when using the embed code should show up INLINE in your message and you can see (or at least my view is) that your link imgur is still just an incomplete link and the picture did not embed.

K
K
canyoncreek, something changed, and for the better. Two days ago, all attached images were just broken icons. Now they are visible as thumbnails and launch bigger when you click on them.

I agree, the "insert image link" function does not put the photo inline. It just pastes your link as text between non-functioning image tags. I have only been a member here for 6 months, but I never saw this function work correctly. Did it work in the past?

However, imgur has something called "direct link", which, when pasted in the forum's "insert image link", will put the image inline, like this:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

This appears to be equivalent to pasting the BBCode, like this:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The difference between image link and direct link is that the direct link includes the .jpg extension.

Still, posting images should not be this hard.

C
C
There never was an option in the UBB software to directly insert picture inline in the body of the message. Most forums you simply paste it in, or drag an drop to an upload box and it puts it inline, often with an option for small or big sizing.

So you were forced to attach it manually below your message and with a 2MB size limit. That was tough as cell phone cameras got better as all files were too big. So you still have to have a program to manually resize your pictures when trying to upload into a post using your cell phone. Major pain!

So many of us found a hosting webpage like Photobucket or imgur. Photobucket went behind a pay firewall and put water mark on many years worth of my pictures. So many old posts have pictures with watermarks on them and I'm not interested in trying to pay to get that all fixed.

What has been broken on and off for months now was even when we properly uploaded a picture in the attachment manager it would look like it worked but it didn't and the picture thumbnail would be 'broken' This was a new glitch and one that the front office at Pondboss struggles to understand and fix. Probably not their fault as they are depending on the UBB software tech support to help them understand and get it fixed.

It is very handy to have pictures embed right in the post, so if you have found a way to go to the imgur page, take the direct link and that makes the picture show inline then continue to use that workflow (clunky, many steps)

Since I've given up on photobucket, my work around (when the attachment upload manager is working...) is to first attach the pictures below the post. Then go to that forum page and pull up my own post, then download one of the attached pictures, it should open in a new tab. The ADDRESS in the address bar of that new tab is its 'hosting site' just like if it was hosted on IMGUR. I then take that address, go back, edit my post and paste that address in but then have to manually add the [img] before the pasted text and the [\img] at the end. Then I hit 'preview reply' to make sure the embedded pictures actually show up.

All quite nuts when all other forums I visit it is drag and drop or even simply paste pictures where you want them as you are typing.

Many of us have offered to have a special donation day to allow this software upgrade and to help defray costs, should such upgrade actually occur and solve these problems once and for all!!

1 member likes this: FishinRod

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
April Newman, georgiaboy27, Keven
Recent Posts
Protecting Minnows
by ArkieJig - 04/19/24 11:43 PM
Major Fail
by ArkieJig - 04/19/24 11:32 PM
Muddy pond
by shores41 - 04/19/24 01:37 PM
'Nother New Guy