Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
LeahTerry, Lon M, toledo, JasmineHart, Mike Eoff
17157 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics38,700
Posts526,068
Members17,158
Most Online3,583
Jan 15th, 2020
Top Posters
esshup 25,188
ewest 20,532
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 13,706
Who's Online Now
11 members (dentistbyday, Mongos Pond, toledo, Bgeezy, Theo Gallus, anthropic, Michael37090, jim100, Tbar, emactxag, Flame), 400 guests, and 372 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Deal, or keep looking?
#531360 03/02/21 02:58 PM
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,540
Likes: 13
Chairman, Pond Boss Legacy award; Moderator; field correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Chairman, Pond Boss Legacy award; Moderator; field correspondent
Lunker
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,540
Likes: 13
2016 Polaris 570 Ranger 2K mi 300 hours: $9K

Add 4,500 winch and 72" blade: $1,000

Total $10k

Keep looking? Would appreciate your feedback, I'm a total newb in this field.

Thanks in advance!

TJ


Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]


Re: Deal, or keep looking?
teehjaeh57 #531363 03/02/21 03:05 PM
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 636
Likes: 62
A
Offline
A
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 636
Likes: 62
Kind of depends on the intended use. You can buy a pretty nice used tractor for $10k.
Blade and winch make me think that a tractor might be a better tool for the job.

Re: Deal, or keep looking?
teehjaeh57 #531365 03/02/21 03:42 PM
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 1,151
Likes: 42
R
Offline
R
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 1,151
Likes: 42
2000 miles for some is nothing, others can put some pretty ruff miles on in 10 miles. What kinda shape is it in. Mine still is like brand new with 3000 miles.


The people who say I can't do it can just sit the @^#% down and watch me. Friends call me Rusto I also subscribe to pond boss mag. http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=504716#Post504716
Re: Deal, or keep looking?
teehjaeh57 #531367 03/02/21 03:52 PM
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 483
Likes: 21
F
Lunker
Offline
Lunker
F
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 483
Likes: 21
I agree with Augie. I do a lot of work with a 32 HP tractor. I rent daily with whatever implement I need for the project at hand. You could buy a decent used tractor in that Polaris price range.

I also looked at renting an ATV for the few times a year I could use one. No one in my parts rents them. Who knew that more young guys go for joy-rides on ATVs than on John Deere tractors? laugh

Is the winch for pulling trees out of your forest area into a burn pile, or for when you get the Polaris stuck?

It is hard to get an ATV/UTV stuck doing normal work. I have driven around in a semi-swamp with no problems. (As long as it has some kind of "bottom" to it.) Also in blow sand that will bury a 4WD truck.

OTOH, the trail guys deliberately build 100' mudholes that are 3' deep. You can get stuck in that.

The snow blade might be really nice if you or the family can get trapped at your land. I don't go to my farm when we have deep snow drifts. Guys in the north that have driveways measured in portions of a mile actually NEED some vehicle that can push a snow plow.

My wife seems to think any purchases in my immediate future must be based on some concept of need! (I wish that rule was universally applied.)

Good luck,
Rod

Re: Deal, or keep looking?
Augie #531370 03/02/21 04:38 PM
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,540
Likes: 13
Chairman, Pond Boss Legacy award; Moderator; field correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Chairman, Pond Boss Legacy award; Moderator; field correspondent
Lunker
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,540
Likes: 13
Originally Posted by Augie
Kind of depends on the intended use. You can buy a pretty nice used tractor for $10k.
Blade and winch make me think that a tractor might be a better tool for the job.

That's a great point and I agree. Was thinking of a used tractor maybe next year or in the Fall with FEL. UTV would be used to haul firewood, transport between my ponds fish feeding and hauling/stocking, and clearing the drive during winter. I need something other than my truck getting around the 50 acres - that's the intended purpose of the UTV.


Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]


Re: Deal, or keep looking?
RStringer #531371 03/02/21 04:38 PM
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,540
Likes: 13
Chairman, Pond Boss Legacy award; Moderator; field correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Chairman, Pond Boss Legacy award; Moderator; field correspondent
Lunker
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,540
Likes: 13
Originally Posted by RStringer
2000 miles for some is nothing, others can put some pretty ruff miles on in 10 miles. What kinda shape is it in. Mine still is like brand new with 3000 miles.

I haven't placed eyes on her yet, but from the photos looks very lightly used - great shape.


Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]


Re: Deal, or keep looking?
teehjaeh57 #531373 03/02/21 04:42 PM
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,540
Likes: 13
Chairman, Pond Boss Legacy award; Moderator; field correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Chairman, Pond Boss Legacy award; Moderator; field correspondent
Lunker
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,540
Likes: 13
First, thank you all for your feedback. It's deeply appreciated.

Based on advice from Rod I called some local dealers. New Honda 700 [which is comparable to the Ranger 570] for $13k. I'll still need to install winch and blade, but could do that this Fall. I'm looking at $4k more for a brand new unit and I have ultimate trust in Honda anything based on my experiences. I've heard Polaris can get a little iffy in their later years, and the Honda would likely outlive me.

Any feedback on this new decision?


Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]


Re: Deal, or keep looking?
teehjaeh57 #531375 03/02/21 05:06 PM
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,472
Likes: 22
Moderator
Offline
Moderator
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,472
Likes: 22
TJ, I've got a neighbor that loves Polaris. In fact, he's had 3 during the same period I've had my Kawasaki Mule 4010. See where I'm going with that?

I've yet to own any Honda product that failed me.


AL
Re: Deal, or keep looking?
teehjaeh57 #531376 03/02/21 05:28 PM
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 483
Likes: 21
F
Lunker
Offline
Lunker
F
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 483
Likes: 21
The 2021 Ranger 570 is only $10,200 MSRP.

I bet you could get a dealer to go below list price. A new UTV would also get you the warranty.

You probably also have a shot at getting a 2020 570 that is still new (or has 3 miles on it from test rides).

I would much rather get a vehicle 5 years newer for probably less than $1,000 difference.

Have fun shopping!

Re: Deal, or keep looking?
teehjaeh57 #531378 03/02/21 05:49 PM
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 483
Likes: 21
F
Lunker
Offline
Lunker
F
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 483
Likes: 21
I was looking up some prices for you to buy new on the Polaris and missed your Honda post, because people keep calling me at work. (What are those people thinking?)

I am so NOT an ATV/UTV expert! However, I have ridden on several different sizes and models over the years. IMHO these types of vehicles are far more specialized than buying a small family sedan.

My advice is to figure out your needs (as best as possible) and then choose your best fit.

In TJ's case it looks like none of his work is especially heavy duty, EXCEPT plowing snow. I would look at the smallest (least expensive) models that still have good reviews for plowing snow. Smaller is easier to load on your trailer, store in the corner of your garage, etc. - as long as it can still perform your biggest job.

You might PM Rusto to see if he can add more comments to the thread. I am pretty sure he hauls his around for use with the family.

My farmer tenant has a 15(?) year old Honda that he lets me use for some projects. The seat is beat up from all of the saddle time, but that little ATV just zips around the farm.

I do not own any ATV/UTV, so listen to FireIsHot and the other experts.

My biggest relevant comment is that during my research, I could not believe how little difference in price it made to buy new compared to used!

Re: Deal, or keep looking?
FishinRod #531380 03/02/21 07:13 PM
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,540
Likes: 13
Chairman, Pond Boss Legacy award; Moderator; field correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Chairman, Pond Boss Legacy award; Moderator; field correspondent
Lunker
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,540
Likes: 13
Originally Posted by FishinRod
The 2021 Ranger 570 is only $10,200 MSRP.

I bet you could get a dealer to go below list price. A new UTV would also get you the warranty.

You probably also have a shot at getting a 2020 570 that is still new (or has 3 miles on it from test rides).

I would much rather get a vehicle 5 years newer for probably less than $1,000 difference.

Have fun shopping!

Jeesh, I didn't even research prices on a new 570. Not doing my homework. Very valid point.


Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]


Re: Deal, or keep looking?
FireIsHot #531381 03/02/21 07:15 PM
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,540
Likes: 13
Chairman, Pond Boss Legacy award; Moderator; field correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Chairman, Pond Boss Legacy award; Moderator; field correspondent
Lunker
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,540
Likes: 13
Originally Posted by FireIsHot
TJ, I've got a neighbor that loves Polaris. In fact, he's had 3 during the same period I've had my Kawasaki Mule 4010. See where I'm going with that?

I've yet to own any Honda product that failed me.

Appreciate the confirmation of my suspicions. I love the Kaw Mule, but might want a bit more top end speed as I will need to take this on the highway for 1/4 mile to visit a neighbor and the 700 does 40-45 I believe.


Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]


Re: Deal, or keep looking?
FishinRod #531382 03/02/21 07:16 PM
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,540
Likes: 13
Chairman, Pond Boss Legacy award; Moderator; field correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Chairman, Pond Boss Legacy award; Moderator; field correspondent
Lunker
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,540
Likes: 13
Originally Posted by FishinRod
I was looking up some prices for you to buy new on the Polaris and missed your Honda post, because people keep calling me at work. (What are those people thinking?)

I am so NOT an ATV/UTV expert! However, I have ridden on several different sizes and models over the years. IMHO these types of vehicles are far more specialized than buying a small family sedan.

My advice is to figure out your needs (as best as possible) and then choose your best fit.

In TJ's case it looks like none of his work is especially heavy duty, EXCEPT plowing snow. I would look at the smallest (least expensive) models that still have good reviews for plowing snow. Smaller is easier to load on your trailer, store in the corner of your garage, etc. - as long as it can still perform your biggest job.

You might PM Rusto to see if he can add more comments to the thread. I am pretty sure he hauls his around for use with the family.

My farmer tenant has a 15(?) year old Honda that he lets me use for some projects. The seat is beat up from all of the saddle time, but that little ATV just zips around the farm.

I do not own any ATV/UTV, so listen to FireIsHot and the other experts.

My biggest relevant comment is that during my research, I could not believe how little difference in price it made to buy new compared to used!

Yes, these observations are making my decision much more clear. Thank you, boys.


Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]


Re: Deal, or keep looking?
teehjaeh57 #531383 03/02/21 08:18 PM
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 12,917
Likes: 40
Moderator
Lunker
Online Confused
Moderator
Lunker
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 12,917
Likes: 40
TJ, has it got an enclosed cab and a heater? If you use it in Winter in Nebraska, you will want those.


"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i582.photobucket.com]
Re: Deal, or keep looking?
teehjaeh57 #531384 03/02/21 09:15 PM
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 2,423
Likes: 23
C
Offline
C
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 2,423
Likes: 23
If you are interested in going on the highway, and if you also value protection from heat, humidity, cold weather, rain etc you might go back to the mini-truck concept and give that some more thought.

This location is really into refurbishing, customizing all sorts of mini trucks. They can do standard road tires, off road tires, over sized tires, even tracks. The cab is quiet, bug proof, warm, not sure about the a/c option but probably is possible.

Compact, dump bed option, built stronger than any UTV and engine will last lots longer.

Just not so 'sporty' looking. You would have to go used to stay under $15k or so.

For as long as this facebook posting is up, see if you can browse pictures here. There is another place about an hour north of us that also has several mini truck options for sale and specializes in this market.

Mini truck options

More options here:
More mini truck options

Last edited by canyoncreek; 03/02/21 09:17 PM.
Re: Deal, or keep looking?
teehjaeh57 #531386 03/02/21 10:08 PM
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 2,754
Likes: 43
A
Online Content
A
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 2,754
Likes: 43
Originally Posted by teehjaeh57
First, thank you all for your feedback. It's deeply appreciated.

Based on advice from Rod I called some local dealers. New Honda 700 [which is comparable to the Ranger 570] for $13k. I'll still need to install winch and blade, but could do that this Fall. I'm looking at $4k more for a brand new unit and I have ultimate trust in Honda anything based on my experiences. I've heard Polaris can get a little iffy in their later years, and the Honda would likely outlive me.

Any feedback on this new decision?

Agrees with my experience of Honda products.


8ac, full 3/16. CNBG, RES, FHM 10/15; TP 5/16; FLMB 6/16. 100 12" NLMB & 1k GSH 10/17,L, 150# TP & 70 HSB 5/18. 1k PK 11/18. 100# TP 4/19, 200# RBT 12/19, 10k TFS 3/20, 100#TP 5/20, 25 HSB & 250 F1 9/20,L,180# RBT 12/20, 206,51




Re: Deal, or keep looking?
teehjaeh57 #531387 03/02/21 10:31 PM
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 25,188
Likes: 89
Moderator
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Offline
Moderator
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 25,188
Likes: 89
TJ, knowing the tools that you have on hand, I'd go with the new and warranty option vs. used and take it in to the dealer to get fixed if anything goes bad .......... You got a trailer with a winch to put it on? If it doesn't go and you don't have a winch, how will you get it up and on the trailer? Fuse blows, battery dies, or the winch on the ATV/UTV fails, and it doesn't move under it's own power you need a winch on the trailer or get really good at pushing it up on the trailer.

Firewood and plowing means hooking a trailer to it for the firewood unless it has a dump bed. Definitely a cab with heat (and A/C) for the winter, and if you have a cab, and can't open the windows very far you will bake in the summer. Plus if the skeeters are bad, the cab with A/C will make it a lot more enjoyable to use.

If taking it on the road, check the local regulations on what is required. Here we cannot take an ATV on the road, only a UTV and only if it has all the required safety gear. If it doesn't have turn signals, it better have a window you can stick your arm out to signal.

A plow, for that driveway at the farm will need to be beefy. It's a long driveway, and snow weighs a lot, plus you have to plow it much wider than the road so you have room to put the snow towards the end of winter when the plowed sides get tall.....

I've been out of the ATV/UTV spec game for too long, but when I was looking years ago there was a big discussion on what was more robust, shaft drive or belt drive. My ATV is shaft drive. (2 up Bombardier - the forerunner to the Can-Am).


www.hoosierpondpros.com


http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
Re: Deal, or keep looking?
Theo Gallus #531397 03/03/21 12:45 AM
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,540
Likes: 13
Chairman, Pond Boss Legacy award; Moderator; field correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Chairman, Pond Boss Legacy award; Moderator; field correspondent
Lunker
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,540
Likes: 13
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus
TJ, has it got an enclosed cab and a heater? If you use it in Winter in Nebraska, you will want those.

Good point, I didn't inquire on heater. I believe one can install after market kit for around $600-$700 if it's not an available option, or if the option is too pricey. Same goes with windshield and cab.


Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]


Re: Deal, or keep looking?
canyoncreek #531398 03/03/21 12:46 AM
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,540
Likes: 13
Chairman, Pond Boss Legacy award; Moderator; field correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Chairman, Pond Boss Legacy award; Moderator; field correspondent
Lunker
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,540
Likes: 13
Originally Posted by canyoncreek
If you are interested in going on the highway, and if you also value protection from heat, humidity, cold weather, rain etc you might go back to the mini-truck concept and give that some more thought.

This location is really into refurbishing, customizing all sorts of mini trucks. They can do standard road tires, off road tires, over sized tires, even tracks. The cab is quiet, bug proof, warm, not sure about the a/c option but probably is possible.

Compact, dump bed option, built stronger than any UTV and engine will last lots longer.

Just not so 'sporty' looking. You would have to go used to stay under $15k or so.

For as long as this facebook posting is up, see if you can browse pictures here. There is another place about an hour north of us that also has several mini truck options for sale and specializes in this market.

Mini truck options

More options here:
More mini truck options

Thank you. I've seen some minis listed as cheap as $5k. Worth investigating.


Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]


Re: Deal, or keep looking?
esshup #531400 03/03/21 12:48 AM
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,540
Likes: 13
Chairman, Pond Boss Legacy award; Moderator; field correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Chairman, Pond Boss Legacy award; Moderator; field correspondent
Lunker
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,540
Likes: 13
Originally Posted by esshup
TJ, knowing the tools that you have on hand, I'd go with the new and warranty option vs. used and take it in to the dealer to get fixed if anything goes bad .......... You got a trailer with a winch to put it on? If it doesn't go and you don't have a winch, how will you get it up and on the trailer? Fuse blows, battery dies, or the winch on the ATV/UTV fails, and it doesn't move under it's own power you need a winch on the trailer or get really good at pushing it up on the trailer.

Firewood and plowing means hooking a trailer to it for the firewood unless it has a dump bed. Definitely a cab with heat (and A/C) for the winter, and if you have a cab, and can't open the windows very far you will bake in the summer. Plus if the skeeters are bad, the cab with A/C will make it a lot more enjoyable to use.

If taking it on the road, check the local regulations on what is required. Here we cannot take an ATV on the road, only a UTV and only if it has all the required safety gear. If it doesn't have turn signals, it better have a window you can stick your arm out to signal.

A plow, for that driveway at the farm will need to be beefy. It's a long driveway, and snow weighs a lot, plus you have to plow it much wider than the road so you have room to put the snow towards the end of winter when the plowed sides get tall.....

I've been out of the ATV/UTV spec game for too long, but when I was looking years ago there was a big discussion on what was more robust, shaft drive or belt drive. My ATV is shaft drive. (2 up Bombardier - the forerunner to the Can-Am).

Good points thank you.


Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]


Re: Deal, or keep looking?
teehjaeh57 #531401 03/03/21 12:51 AM
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 25,188
Likes: 89
Moderator
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Offline
Moderator
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 25,188
Likes: 89
TJ, you can even get a tractor with an enclosed cab, with heat and A/C. If you get one, get one with a FEL and if possible an extra hydraulic control for the front to work with a grapple bucket. Once you have used one you will never be without one. Think about picking up branches, brush, rocks all without having to get out of the cab of the tractor.....

The only bad thing about the tractor is not being able to take out on the highway and getting anywhere quickly.


www.hoosierpondpros.com


http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
Re: Deal, or keep looking?
teehjaeh57 #531405 03/03/21 07:47 AM
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 14,816
Likes: 30
D
Moderator
Lunker
Offline
Moderator
Lunker
D
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 14,816
Likes: 30
I’ve owned several 4 wheelers and, for the most part,they are all good. My first pair were Yamahas and I had them for about 15 years before they were stolen.

I replaced them with Honda’s, about 7 or 8 years ago, which are also good. I don’t care much for the electronic gear shift but, like all Honda stuff, it works. At one time Polaris was a POS but I don’t know now.

I consider 4 wheelers to be mostly transportation for places that I wouldn’t take a pickup or can’t get a tractor into. They aren’t really geared to use as a tractor and I doubt that they would hold up. I occasionally pull a small trailer to retrieve a deer but that’s all. I would like to have, like Al, a 4 wheeler with a dump bed and cab but it really wouldn’t work as well on my, nature gone nuts, heavily wooded property.

I also have a John Deere, about 35 hp, with a FEL, shuttle transmission, and 4WD. Unless you’re only farming, a tractor without FEL is only half a tractor. And a FEL without 4WD is useless.


It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Re: Deal, or keep looking?
teehjaeh57 #531407 03/03/21 08:10 AM
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 1,456
Likes: 9
F
Online Content
F
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 1,456
Likes: 9
One point and decision maker for my purchase of the Ranger 900 crew that seats SIX full grown ADULTS is .....I didn't want it just for work. I wanted to be able to haul all the grandkids around safely. IF you want to carry more than you and a partner you may need to rethink some of the options given to you. Just what I did. Good luck!


Dear Alcohol, We had a deal where you would make me funnier, smarter, and a better dancer... I saw the video... We need to talk.
Re: Deal, or keep looking?
esshup #531411 03/03/21 08:49 AM
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 12,917
Likes: 40
Moderator
Lunker
Online Confused
Moderator
Lunker
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 12,917
Likes: 40
Originally Posted by esshup
TJ, you can even get a tractor with an enclosed cab, with heat and A/C. If you get one, get one with a FEL and if possible an extra hydraulic control for the front to work with a grapple bucket. Once you have used one you will never be without one. Think about picking up branches, brush, rocks all without having to get out of the cab of the tractor.....

The only bad thing about the tractor is not being able to take out on the highway and getting anywhere quickly.
We have two tractors with enclosed heated (and air conditioned!) cabs, FELs, and stereos. And a Mahindra 1000cc diesel UTV with a cab and heater (no AC, but the doors come off easily and it's very cool in the Summer with them off).

The UTV has at least 3 other advantages over the tractors:
1) It's easy to take the wife and the dog anywhere on the farm in the UTV (kids can ride in the back smirk ),
2) a 1000cc diesel uses a shipload less fuel than a 35 or 73 hp tractor, and
3) when you have 60+ year old knees, getting into a UTV is beau coup easier than climbing up into a tractor, especially repeatedly if opening and closing gates.

P.S. TJ, when we were pricing UTVs, everybody's cab option ran about $5k. Worth it, but expensive.


"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i582.photobucket.com]
Re: Deal, or keep looking?
teehjaeh57 #531413 03/03/21 09:35 AM
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 3,605
Likes: 39
T
Offline
T
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 3,605
Likes: 39
What u talking about when it comes to not driving the tractor down the rd? Heck man, we drive our tractors on the rd here in E. Texas. Well, maybe not the interstate but the county rds are no problem so far. I have to agree that a tractor without a FEL and wheel drive is pretty much useless I think. As far as a UTV, I have had two Polaris over the past 6 yrs due to upgrade and by far have a better ride than others but our Honda UTV has held up better.


Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.


Tracy
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
FattyMcButterpants, sdstohler
Recent Posts
Mixing Diquat and Cutrine Plus
by jim100 - 04/17/21 02:00 PM
PVC Trees
by Flame - 04/17/21 01:38 PM
Thoughts on a new 2.7 acre pond stocking
by Heppy - 04/17/21 10:27 AM
Catfish bluegill feeding
by Layne - 04/17/21 08:09 AM
Core
by esshup - 04/17/21 04:39 AM
New member, first time pond owner
by FishinRod - 04/16/21 10:52 PM
The Big Chill
by anthropic - 04/16/21 06:58 PM
Leaky Pond - Pond sealer
by teehjaeh57 - 04/16/21 06:42 PM
Hybrid striped bass and walleye, when to add
by FishinRod - 04/16/21 02:33 PM
Yellow-perch larvae and fry.(video).
by azteca - 04/16/21 02:18 PM
What color of light.
by LeahTerry - 04/16/21 01:42 PM
BC Coloration
by gehajake - 04/16/21 12:56 PM
Newly Uploaded Images
Establishing new Maine pond.
Establishing new Maine pond.
by Mainahs70, April 5
Mongo's New Pond
Mongo's New Pond
by Mongos Pond, February 27
Ice Ice Baby
Ice Ice Baby
by highflyer, February 21
ID?
ID?
by Quixotic, February 7
pond gone
pond gone
by Stressless, January 31

� 2014 POND BOSS INC. all rights reserved USA and Worldwide

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4