I'm trying to help a pond owner revive his great 4.4 acre pond in southern Iowa. Three winter's ago while hard water fishing I caught several white crappie 13' - 14". One exceptional at 16 1/2" and #2.6. the belly and back rubbed pulling it up through a 7" hole. Also caught several HBG in the 10"-11" range (bulls). All were released. Only four people allowed access to this private pond. Now it's rare to catch a white crappie over 12" and if I do it's real thin. Last weekend i located the black crappie among brush piles and lay downs. Caught 30 but none larger than 9". The heads and eyes looked large compared to the bodies and noticed some had badly frayed fins. (photo)

Also caught 15-20 LMB and all around 12" - 13". Seems they have stunted too! used to catch some #3's. Water clarity at ~30-34". Just got a test kit so will do pH soon. I think the crappie have become the enemy. During the past couple summers 20% of surface area is covered with coontail.

Any guidance of where to start would be appreciated.

Attached Images
200516 First Taco Pond Trip 06.jpg

first name Charlie but was tagged "Tuna" many years ago. It stuck and I don't mind.